Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

2 ss disks opinions welcome

Article about: I am considering purchasing these 2 disks, other than the really high roll number I don't see any problems

?

Default 2 ss disks opinions welcome

I am considering purchasing these 2 disks, other than the really high roll number I don't see any problems
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 ss disks opinions welcome   2 ss disks opinions welcome  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 ss disks opinions welcome
    P
    Many

?

Well you can find another half example of the SS-Kavallerie disc here:"Obec" Úro and the 'Show your SS Erkennungsmarken' shows one of the SS-Nachrichten discs, although I can't say I have any concrete reason to believe either one is real; they look nice, the corrosion and age look real enough, but I've seen a variant of the SS-Nachrichten that is rather different and far more 'real' looking to me- but has a roll number in the 3000s, so who knows if they just radially changed their marking at some point; and the roll numbers look odd to me- they almost look milled and not stamped; although since the KM did mill a lot of their disc markings it's not impossible, and it may not be so- perhaps the stamps were weridly made. They are the same form as common bad ones, which is problematic- it's not an exact match mind, but the general form is the same. But then the other SS-Nachrichten one shown has a completely different number font, yet the text is identical. They could have switched stamps.

Did you look through Dimas' long thread to see if he's posted any examples of these? If he's got one and recovered it himself, that's about as good proof as you can get after getting something direct from a veteran...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Matt thanks! I will have a look at what Dimas has

?

So Dimas has a half disk in his thread that matches the signal disk:
    SS Erkennungsmarken

It is post 43 if the link does not work. THANKS AGAIN MATT

?

Perfect Al, that's a relief; I knew I knew the type but don't have any distinct recollection of having any actual proof for it being real.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...