Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

2 SS Relic Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Hello guys, these are relic tags and seller says they were found in Böhmen & Mohren-Sudeten. What do you thing?

Default 2 SS Relic Erkennungsmarken

Hello guys, these are relic tags and seller says they were found in Böhmen & Mohren-Sudeten.
    What do you thing?

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 SS Relic Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2 SS Relic Erkennungsmarken

it is indeed a small world,a gent mailed me today asking if i was interested in buying,as he "knew" i liked praque items relating to heydrich,ive never had contact or new of him prior to my email,215euros was the asking,to much for me,but look nice,however they may be fake,im pleased they have been shown here,best regards george

I'm sure that Matt will be able to help with this, Don.

?

I'm pretty sure I've seen the Ergänzungs-Kompanie Zeesen before- it looks real enough. The SS-Panzerjäger one is interesting as the references say it was created in February of 1945, so is an extremely late-war unit; that could explain why it's the actual field unit- maybe it was an ad hoc unit, made of men not necessarily in the Waffen-SS who didn't necessarily have their own discs previously. It apparently had 4 Kompanien, so even at late-war strengths, one would expect more than 100 men total, so the number makes sense- and it's reasonable that they wouldn't bother with more than a single Abteilung-level roll. Funny thing is that that all seems very familiar- like I saw and looked up a disc like this before. Anyway nothing about the disc itself looks odd- there's no evidence of any 'halo' or damage to the reverse indicating an old disc stamped more recently, and the 'age' certainly looks convincing.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt, you are the man.
    I did my search in the forum and i found this thread. This is what the disc above reminded you of.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/erken...g-18-a-217839/
    They were found together. A pile of ERKs from a unit which surrendered in Czech.
    I have the pic and will post it soon.

Found it, here it is.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Found it, here it is.

Jackpot of discs!!!

They remind me of "pringles" chips

?

Yeah LOL Cool that it is definitely a 'cache' find; of course that means they're not rare anymore and a whole lot less-valuable because of it. That's a lot of discs too- I wonder now if they maybe really are unissued stock or just all gathered together after confiscation and dumped in a group...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Yeah LOL Cool that it is definitely a 'cache' find; of course that means they're not rare anymore and a whole lot less-valuable because of it. That's a lot of discs too- I wonder now if they maybe really are unissued stock or just all gathered together after confiscation and dumped in a group...
    I guess we can't know for sure.
    Seller says they were from surrendering units in the area of Böhmen & Mohren-Sudeten.