Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe

Article about: Hello everyone, this is my first id what I found with metal detector here in the Czech Republic, I managed my LAH ID, do you think that someone could tell me more about 3 .E LAH SS-Verfügung

Default 3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe

Hello everyone, this is my first id what I found with metal detector here in the Czech Republic, I managed my LAH ID, do you think that someone could tell me more about 3 .E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe many thanks to everyone for everything they write3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe I am delighted with it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe
    P
    Many

Looks great! . However it reads as the 4th Kompanie to me. Being the 4th Kompanie should mean the owner was in a MG Kompanie.

For comparison, here is my 6th E. LAH disc.

4 Yes, and no 3.E I wrote it wrong Glenn

Haha! I figured as much!

Can you get a better shot of the 'verfügungstruppe' side? I really like these single stamps.

Well I'll try to do better photo

just like that? Better to have it unfortunately can not 3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe3.E LAH SS-Verfügungstruppe

?

Hi Beduardo and welcome to the forum

Very nice find.

There's not much to tell though- it's simply:

SS-Ersatz-Bataillon Leibstandarte

* 26.8.1939 in Berlin-Lichterfelde, vorübergehend in Lauenburg-Pommern; bis 1.5.1942 auf 8
    Kompanien verstärkt; wurde 6.4.1943 SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Bataillon 1 in
    Berlin-Lichterfelde

So while we can say Glenn's disc was issued after 1.5.1942, since it was then they added the 5., 6., 7., and 8. Kompanien, yours could have been any time up until 6.4.1943 since they had Kompanien 1.-4. the whole time. The roll number would suggest it's later rather than earlier but it's difficult to say just when. And, unfortunately, there's no way to know which field unit of the LSSAH the man served in- he could even have been transferred to another field unit.

Interestingly, it was supposed to be in 4.1941 that the official designation changed from SS-Verfügungstruppe to Waffen-SS, and yet Glenn's disc still has the old SS-VT mark; that suggests they were just using up old stocks of pre-stamped discs- it certainly wouldn't have been practical to strike out the SS-VT mark and put in Waffen-SS or anything.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Nevertheless, a nice brand on a early SS Verfügungstuppen blank.

Very cool find!...