Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

505 GR 291 ID good/fake?

Article about: Hi What do you think of this disc? Real or fake? (Hat jemand Vergleichsmaterial?)

?

Default 505 GR 291 ID good/fake?

Hi
    What do you think of this disc?
    Real or fake?
    (Hat jemand Vergleichsmaterial?)

505 GR 291 ID good/fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 505 GR 291 ID good/fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 505 GR 291 ID good/fake?

Hello,

In my opinion original one.

?

Hi Rudi,

I can't agree- I think it's more likely a fake; the '3' especially is of a known common fake type and fat, squat or narrow, tall sans-serif fonts are always suspicious given how rarely they appear on real discs and how commonly they appear on fakes. Have a look at my sticky thread about fake fonts and you'll see the 3 and maybe even recognize very similar or identical lettering.

Even more telling might be the fact that there is a definite 'halo' around some of the stampings, indicating they'd been done after the metal surface oxidized- so it may be an original, slightly corroded blank disc that's been stamped more recently- the impact deforms the metal and causes some of the surface oxidation products to come off, leaving a lighter zone around them.

And there's a double-stamp on almost every single charcter- a light one beneath the deep one- that's not normal at all either; one might find a single mistake where the maker didn't hit the stamp quite right once and had to re-strike it, but this looks almost as though the text was put on lightly to get it right and then it was done harder to truly make it- not something I've ever seen on a real disc. So I'm fairly sure it's bad- or if nothing else it's not worth the risk to buy...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Matt, you're an expert in recognition fake ID tags. After such reasonable explanation I have to agree. I've attached a picture from the same company of this regiment to compare both.

505 GR 291 ID good/fake?

?

Thank you very much for your answers! To bad it was a fake