Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

on the abbreviations of these 2 discs

Article about: Hello guys i have a German friend here and he gave me a few belongings of his father and uncle. His father was a driver of a general in the SS Hohenstaufen division and his uncle was the Rei

Default on the abbreviations of these 2 discs

Hello guys i have a German friend here and he gave me a few belongings of his father and uncle. His father was a driver of a general in the SS Hohenstaufen division and his uncle was the Reichsinnungsmeister of the Craftsmen's Guild for the Photographers.
    His Grandfather was a veteran of the WWI but i don't know much details for him and his service.
    I am mentioning all of the above in case they help to identify the regiment 11 disc and to explain the abbreviations on both ss and rgt. 11.

Here are the pics:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture on the abbreviations of these 2 discs   on the abbreviations of these 2 discs  

on the abbreviations of these 2 discs   on the abbreviations of these 2 discs  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on the abbreviations of these 2 discs
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: on the abbreviations of these 2 discs

Hello,

II. Lg. N. Rgt. 11 = II. (Abteilung) Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11 - II. Detachment/ 11th Air District Signal Regiment
    Nr A 498 - blood type "A" and soldier's number

Quotation from Tessin's book (page 221):

Luftgau-Nachrichten-Rgt 11 * 1. 7. 1938, FStO H a n n o v e r , WK XI; 1939 mobil mit
    I. (Nachr.) und IL (Betr.) Abt.; 1940 Abgabe des Stabes I. Abt. (mit 21 Kp.) als 11/102
    an das Flakkorps II, wird ersetzt; Stab IL Abt. (mit 21.-23. Kp.) wird 1941/42 Ln.
    Abt. 54, wieder gebildet und 1944 (mit neuer 8.-10. Kp.) Stab Ln.Abt. 85; III. Abt.
    ist 1942 Ersatz-Abt. in Hannover-Bemerode; eine 1939 gebildete IV. Abt. wird 1941
    II. Luftgau-Nachr.Rgt. Belgien-Nordfrankrcich; die 1940 gebildete V. und VI. Abt.
    schließlidi IV. und VIl/Luftnachrichlcn riugmelde-Rgt. 101. Mit ihnen zusammen
    treten 1043 die 8. und 11. I lugmelde-RcsKp. in Deutschland und die 1940 errichtete
    13.—15. Kp. in Dänemark zu diesem Rgt., die 12. dagegen zum Ln.Flugmelde-Rgt. 93.
    Stab, I. Abt., 2.-5. Kp. werden 1944 in der FpÜ gelöscht. Die 6. u. 7. (Ers.) Kp. in
    Heidenau, die III. Abt. in Lübeck-Hubertus und die IV. Abt. in Appen bei Pinneberg
    (beide für Ln.Heiferinnen) unterstehen dem Ln.Ausb. und Ers.Rgt. 2. Bestehen blieb
    nur die 1. Kp. als L/Luftgau-Nachr.Abt. 1.
    G: (1939) 1.1-4 (Betr.), 5 - * (Tel.Bau), II. 7. (Ln.), 8 - 1 2 (Ln.Flugm.Res.), dazu 1940
    13—15 in Dänemark sowie eine 21. Kp.
    U: Luftgau XI

3. S.E.K. = 3. Schützen-Ersatz-Kompanie - 3rd Rifle Ersatz Company
    126 - soldier's number

Hello Stacez and thanks for your reply. Does this mean that the non ss tag is a Luftwaffe one?

?

You're welcome. Exactly - it's Luftwaffe dog tag.

Luftwaffe signals. Thanks again

Good discs to have with a history. I have a wehrpass with entries for LG N regt 12 & 13, so I should have spotted this when I looked at these earlier, DOH!!

SSVT disc has gotta to be a desirable example I assume.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Good discs to have with a history. I have a wehrpass with entries for LG N regt 12 & 13, so I should have spotted this when I looked at these earlier, DOH!!

SSVT disc has gotta to be a desirable example I assume.

Regards,

Jerry
    Hi Jerry, yes it is. Check this thread for the whole story
    My Hohenstaufen Grouping

My late Mother-in-Laws Luftwaffe records are gone apparently, but was given this info.....dog tag:- W45-111./ Educ.Dept. f. Ln. Help Lg. Nachr Rgt. 11......the use of English is confusing!! she told us she was at Lubeck so the records show that the 111 Abteilung was at St Hubertus 44/45. Trying to figure out what her id tag would look like as i have a friend who can replicate these perfectly. I'm going to do a display for poppy collecting and would like to have a id tag on her photo display.

SEK ist not Schützen but Sanitäts Ersatz Kompanie.

Quote by Pervitin View Post
    SEK ist not Schützen but Sanitäts Ersatz Kompanie.
    Hi Pervitin.

Are you sure about this, because I have never seen that abbreviation used in conjunction with any medical unit. Also I was under the impression that there were only 18 Sanitäts Ersatz Kompanies (later became Sanitäts Ersatz Abteilungen), so Sanitäts Ersatz Kompanie 126 would be impossible.

There is a Sanitäts Kompanie 126, but their troops would have come from one of these 18 Sanitäts Ersatz kompanies/Abteilungen. An example of an erkennungsmarke for a soldier trained by a Sanitäts unit would be San. Ers. Kp. 1 to 18 or San. Ers. Abt. 1 to 18.

Sanitäts Ersatz Abteilungen -
    Gliederung Sanit?ts-Ersatz-Abteilungen - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Sanitäts Kompanie 126
    Divisionseinheiten der 126

Kind regards,

Will
    Last edited by Willmore; 10-01-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast