Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrived today

Article about: Ups... I haven't seen this very first one... Sorry, my fault.

Default Arrived today

I got a group of these and could always use your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arrived today   Arrived today  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arrived today
    P
    Many

Default Re: Arrived today

The top one in the second pic is a stalag marker they look legit but maybe you should take some close ups so we can see the letters?

Quote by Kolby72 View Post
    The top one in the second pic is a stalag marker they look legit but maybe you should take some close ups so we can see the letters?
    Double click, they should expand. I took them in HD. If not, I will surely post more pics.

Are these better?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arrived today   Arrived today  

?

Hello,

I can't identify the quarters cause the most important details are missing.
    However:
    ... Abt. (mot.) 90 - it may come from Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 90 (90th Artillery Replacement Detachment (motorized))

I. PZ. JÄG ... - Infanterie-Panzerjäger... - Infantry AT Company, it may come either from Infantry Replacement Regiment or Infantry Regiment.

Flak Transpo ... - Flak-Transport-Batterie (Abteilung)... - AA Transportation Battery (or Detachment)

STALAG I/A - POW ID tag coming from Stalag I A in Stablack (if there is a roman "I" only because I can't see it very well)

O 3036/38 T. - Kriegsmarine ID tag, Werner Zimmermann was 3036th soldier enlisted in 1938 by Marinestation-Ostsee for technical service (T - technisches Personal)

All of them are for sure original.

?

Yup, I'd agree the 'Abt. (mot.) 90' is probably leichte-Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung (motorisert) 90, because that's the only motorized Abteilung numbered 90 on any list I can find.

Too bad about the other damaged ones- the right half is where units can be identified, so without it there's no way to know just which Infanterie-Panzerjäger, or Flak-Transport units they were- there were many of each. The former is interesting in that it's not at all common to see 'Infanterie' abbreviated to simply 'I'- on this type it's almost always 'Inf'.

And the Stalag tag appears to have something before the 'I'- kind of looks like an 'X' maybe? You've got it in-hand there Pwny, can you tell?

Your very first half is cool- Wilhelm Bollermann was the 45924th man inducted into the Marinestation Ostsee (one of the two divisions of the Kriegsmarine), as a seaman- usually discs are from shore personnel, and quite rarely from actual sailors.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks for you help gentlemen! I can't tell whats up with the Stalag, as it's pretty banged up. I take it that was issued to a Allied POW?

I really appreciate the time that you guys take to id these discs! The Kriegsmarine are my first of that type. The entire lot ran me under $20. I guess I did well.

Nice catch looks like you did well.

Eric

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Your very first half is cool- Wilhelm Bollermann was the 45924th man inducted into the Marinestation Ostsee (one of the two divisions of the Kriegsmarine), as a seaman- usually discs are from shore personnel, and quite rarely from actual sailors.
    Hey Matt,
    I think you used somehow some previous Kriegsmarine ID tag identification cause the data doesn't match to the example presented here

?

What do you mean Stacez- in his very first posting there's a single KM top half on the left and it's at the bottom of the row in the right picture...

And no problem Pwny- this is our hobby too so it's always interesting to check out and study what everyone else has
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast