Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillerie Erkennungsmarke - help please

Article about: Please tell me your thoughts on this ID disc. Checked the LEXIKON DER WEHRMACHT and the unit definitely existed, just concerned about the overall new look to the thing and the "O"

Default Artillerie Erkennungsmarke - help please

Please tell me your thoughts on this ID disc. Checked the LEXIKON DER WEHRMACHT and the unit definitely existed, just concerned about the overall new look to the thing and the "O" that looks like it was a stutter! Thanks for your help.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillerie Erkennungsmarke - help please   Artillerie Erkennungsmarke - help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillerie Erkennungsmarke - help please
    P
    Many

?

It looks fine to me- just probably one that was kept by the vet after the war, in a drawer or something.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Nice Tom!
    It does appear to have wear marks around the cord holes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks legit!....

Quote by Matt L View Post
    It looks fine to me- just probably one that was kept by the vet after the war, in a drawer or something.
    Thank you Matt, Seller has it advertised as L.W Flak, but that's incorrect.

Tom

- - ------- - -

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Nice Tom!
    It does appear to have wear marks around the cord holes.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, but not mine...........yet.

Tom

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Looks legit!....
    Thanks Gunny

Tom

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thank you Matt, Seller has it advertised as L.W Flak, but that's incorrect.

Tom
    Flak? Geez LOL. What's neat about this disc is the low roll number shows the soldier was one of the early/original members of the 1. Batterie, so you can actually know where he served by looking at where the unit was early in the war. And blood group letters are said to have only begun being put on discs in mid-1941, so, presumably, he was still in the field then as well. Men did transfer a fair bit sometimes, so the longer away from 1.9.1939 you get, the less-certain you can be about him being where AR208 was, given that the disc is in perfect shape and there's a good deal of wear from the cord (which isn't a fast process), it might even be that he was with them for their entire time.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I like it!

?

I like it it looks good to me. Super example of an authentic disk good find!

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Flak? Geez LOL. What's neat about this disc is the low roll number shows the soldier was one of the early/original members of the 1. Batterie, so you can actually know where he served by looking at where the unit was early in the war. And blood group letters are said to have only begun being put on discs in mid-1941, so, presumably, he was still in the field then as well. Men did transfer a fair bit sometimes, so the longer away from 1.9.1939 you get, the less-certain you can be about him being where AR208 was, given that the disc is in perfect shape and there's a good deal of wear from the cord (which isn't a fast process), it might even be that he was with them for their entire time.
    Thanks Matt.

Tom

- - ------- - -

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I like it!
    Thanks Glenn

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast