Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic Erkennungsmarken Display Site

Article about: Here's a great site for studying authentic Erkennungsmarken from diverse unit types (all Heer though): emarken.de Just click on 'Galerie' and 'Heer' then whatever unit type you want to see.

?

Default Authentic Erkennungsmarken Display Site

Here's a great site for studying authentic Erkennungsmarken from diverse unit types (all Heer though): emarken.de

Just click on 'Galerie' and 'Heer' then whatever unit type you want to see.

Seeing as many originals as possible goes a long way to help one become familiar with the conventions, abbreviations, etc. used on Erkennungsmarken.

For anyone actually interested in collecting discs, I'd recommend saving any images you come across- real or not so you can have a database to refer to; it's particularly useful for fakes since as I've said a few times, you can often tell from the font.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic Erkennungsmarken Display Site
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentic Erkennungsmarken Display Site

Fantastic site Matt, thanks for your efforts.

Jay

Hello,
    Yes thanks, looks like a good site...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

So, no need to worry about the authenticity of the erkennungsmarken on the emarken.de-site?
    Anyone familiar with the "Ost-Einheiten" on the site and how they should look?

Best regards
    Laplander

?

Generally yes, all the discs shown can be believed to be authentic; I haven't gone through them in a while, but the last time I did, I had no doubts about any of them. I've just now gone through the Ost-Einheiten discs all and don't see anything I'd be concerned with.

The only use they or any oringials would specifically be, with respect to 'how they should look', is if you needed to compare the exact same unit- that's the case for all discs; sometimes units did change their text, lettering, etc. so even direct comparison isn't necessarily valid. Studying real discs is just helpful to get a feel for what good looks like (quality, little nuances, etc.) and to see all the variations possible, so you can in time recognize what's reasonable and what isn't.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...