Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Authentic ID Disk?

Article about: Hi there. I am considering buying this item in a lot with a couple of other relics, it did stand out and I wasn’t sure if it was authentic or not. If it is can someone tell me what all of th

Default Authentic ID Disk?

Hi there. I am considering buying this item in a lot with a couple of other relics, it did stand out and I wasn’t sure if it was authentic or not. If it is can someone tell me what all of the text means? Thanks!

Authentic ID Disk?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic ID Disk?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Joshua,

In my opinion the erkennungsmarke looks original.
    It is for the Stamm Kompanie of Panzergrenadier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs Bataillon 110. I don't know the exact translation of Stamm Kompanie, but someone will come by soon.
    The unit is a Panzergrenadier training and replacement bataillon, here is a link to the unit information but it is in German:
    Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 110 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Regards, Rik

Thank you, this information is much appreciated!

QGood original ekm. The Stamm Kompanie was the cadre of the particular unit, those personnel who were permanent and kept the unit functioning, such as administration staff. You can see that this one has been issued as it has the owners blood group 0 stamped on it. German ekm from WW2 were stamped in two halves, this being the lower part. In the event if the owner becoming a casualty the top,part was buried with the body no the lower part retained by the unit and in many cases returned to the relatives as confirmation of the soldiers death. However, many were also broken accidentally, lost of broken as soldiers were taken prisoner.