Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Back by popular request- more of my discs

Article about: I actually made that frame myself- it's just a bit of corner moulding wood from the local home renovation store, each piece's end cut at 45-degrees and then glued on to a 2.5 or 3mm thick pi

?

Default Re: Back by popular request- more of my discs

I actually made that frame myself- it's just a bit of corner moulding wood from the local home renovation store, each piece's end cut at 45-degrees and then glued on to a 2.5 or 3mm thick piece of plywood. Easy You do have to varnish the wood though so it's smooth and thus the tape will adhere well to it. I used double-sided carpet tape, cut into small (1cm) squared and folded in half to make them a bit thicker, thus easier to get to adhere to the disc and board. Placed up near the top these 1cmx5mm strips support well.

The other reason double-sided tape is good is that it won't harm the metal- any adhesive that might be left on the disc if you ever take it down can be removed with solvent that won't act on the zinc or aluminum. The only issue is with fragile discs- if they're ground dug and not so solid, I don't recommend this mounting method. If you ever do have to take one down, rotate it as opposed to pulling it away from the board- rotating puts no pressure on the disc, but will cause the tape to compress and stretch so it will either come off the board or off the disc.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Impressive collection of Erkennungsmarken.
    I would like to have a collection as big as yours ..
    You said that some were for sale?
    Greetings

?

Well I was fortunate to find a number of really good, consistent sources, none of which were dealers so no high prices and loads of fakes to wade through LOL And I never had more than, I think, 15 SS? With a 99:1 fake to real ratio, it's hard to find examples one can be certain of, so I stuck to Heer and LW combat units- not ridiculously overvalued like SS and few fakes.

But no, I don't think I said anything was for sale- in that other thread I said I had sold quite a few, but that was several years ago now...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Forgive me, I did not understand well the English translation of that phrase ....
    It is a pity
    Greetings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12