Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Collector Storage Questions

Article about: Hello all, I have a general question about your Erkennungsmarke "collections" how many disks do you have? and how do you store them? I have maybe a couple hundred disks and they ar

?

Default Collector Storage Questions

Hello all,

I have a general question about your Erkennungsmarke "collections" how many disks do you have? and how do you store them? I have maybe a couple hundred disks and they are in ammo cans with paper wrapping, there must be a better way to store them so they are accessible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collector Storage Questions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Collector Storage Questions

I intend to get a display case or picture frame and display them in that.

I would pick up a coin collecting album with the ring binder plastic pages which have the squares for coin holders in them. Just make sure that the pages ore PVC free. That way, you could display, say, 24 disks on a page and could see the reverse sides as well. An average album should be able to hold many hundreds of disks.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 10-04-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ehm, I glued mine at business cards and put them into according paper box. Then you can easily make pictrures, and also display tags broken to pieces (if you had lick to find all of them).

Glued? Yikes!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I put mine in baseball card top loaders. It is preferable to get PVC free ones. I do really like Wagriff's suggestion and must look for that!

I also use those plastic top-loading sleeves for cloth shoulder patches - which hold 9 items
    per sheet. Placed in a binder, they store and display very nicely. These would work
    perfectly for ID discs.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Jan S View Post
    Ehm, I glued mine at business cards and put them into according paper box. Then you can easily make pictrures, and also display tags broken to pieces (if you had lick to find all of them).
    WHY would you GLUE them?!!!!! I respect your digging skills and knowledge, but WHY GLUE?! Why RUIN history? Please explain further~

Oh dear!

Storing like that is not the best. Paper is a bad wrapper for damp and staining. If the discs start to break down through aluminium disease, returning to their bauxite state, is funnily enough contagious to others of the same constituency.so your collection could turn into a nice pile of dust.
    Get the coin holders and folders a suggested in the thread.

- - Updated - -

I haven' seen those in the uk. Are they the ones we always see in storage wars when thenopen a box full of cards in plastic holders

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast