Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?

Article about: The format is similar to other Deutschland discs I’ve seen in this forum-

Thanks to everyone who contributed, its much appreciated. The disc has finally arrived in my possession, and the seller has given me a 10 day examination period. I’ve also found another 3rd K Ersatz Deutschland disc, just a few soldier numbers different from Dimas’s, so now I have two discs to compare mine to. Here is the second comparison disc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?
    P
    Many

A comparison of the E on all three examples. The bottom part of the serif is particularly distinctive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?   Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?  

Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?  

A comparison of the 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?   Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?  

A comparison of the 2

So, these are the characters that I find similar or the same to my disc. The 3, the K, the paranthesses, the 4, and the runes are different. We have a few possibilities with the disc I purchased:

1. It’s fake. It doesn’t match the originals, any similarities are just a crude attempt by the faker to deceive.

2. It’s real, because the E, 1, and 2 are the same. Which means that this particular unit changed it’s dies in the low 4000’s, a possibility that was actually pointed out by forum member Matt L. in a previous post. Thank you in advance for any comments or observations.
    Last edited by Airdale; 04-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Hello.
    IMO the tag you bought is false and your hypothesis 1 is correct.
    I send you other examples that I found on the web (I did the research long ago because the tag 4051 is now mine).
    As you can see the runes are always the same, and also the nr. 4.
    Giovanni

Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?Deutschland ID disc, real or fake?

?

I totally agree with Gianni. As we have stated before, the one you bought is no good. The only good thing is that you are able to get your money back.

Quote by Dschop View Post
    I totally agree with Gianni. As we have stated before, the one you bought is no good. The only good thing is that you are able to get your money back.
    I’ve come to the same conclusion as you and Gianni. Thanks for the help, I’ll keep looking for an original disc.

Glad you can get your money back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2