Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Disc variations

Article about: I am aware that disc variations occur from different companys and regiments. But do they also occur from disc to disc, or does even the smallest variations mean, that something has been repl

Default Disc variations

I am aware that disc variations occur from different companys and regiments. But do they also occur from disc to disc, or does even the smallest variations mean, that something has been replicated?

I stumbled upon a picture of an original SS ID on this board, from the same group as one ID i have found on ebay. There is a clear difference in the way the numbers look, and around the parentheses. Does this mean the one from ebay (bottom picture) is fake, or does these variations occur from disc to disc?

Disc variations Real disc

Disc variations Fake disc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Disc variations
    P
    Many

You do sometimes get variations between different kompanies but when there are two examples to the same kompanie that are so different then the alarm bells start to ring. Dimas has very wide collection of original examples of Waffen SS Ekm and this other one looks to be an interloper to me.

I thought so. But that is a seriously similar disc. Very cheeky fraud. Gonna take a lot of practice differentiating.

?

One other thing to consider is that field made disks will vary like the two shown here. I would always recommend for collecting going with known good examples.

The "fake" one in this thread also has a red flag in the number 2, they would not normally be the same stamp in the roll number and the unit.

Also very true Eike41!

The first ist a good one, the second (half ID) is imo fake!

Many times oxidation around the letters and numbers is a giveaway for a fake. In the case of the bottom tag, if you zoom in you can see the SS runes were stamped over the deterioration.

All very good observations, thank you!