Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog tag comments?

Article about: Happy new year all A friend has asked me for any info on this tag. I think it may be fake but he's not convinced. Thought I'd ask the experts. Cheers.

Default Dog tag comments?

Happy new year all

A friend has asked me for any info on this tag. I think it may be fake but he's not convinced. Thought I'd ask the experts. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag comments?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog tag comments?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dog tag comments?

That's too odd-looking a font not to be real LOL The unit title appears to be a single dedicated stamp, which is usually a very good thing, the unit did exist, and being a relatively obscure eastern formation, it's not the fakers' usual target so I'd think it's just fine.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt, I'll let him know that it looks like it's a genuine one. It's high time I got out with my detector and dug up a few more for you to look at. Thanks again and happy new year to you.

?

Thanks, you too and yeah, that'd be cool

Great looking tag!

Thanks Glenn, my mate should be chuffed. Here's a pic of some of my finds. All came from a camp in the south-west of England. The object top-left is the leather pouch that the tag to it's right was found in. I'm hugely grateful for all the id help that guys like you and Matt provide, time to get the Garrett Ace250 out and go hunting again I think! All the best, Andy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag comments?  

?

That's a nice assortment- a field-made, motor-transport, Pionier, KM, uncertain and a lovely Fallschirmjäger- it's wild that you can just find these 'locally' and don't have to travel to the Continent...

The one above the belt hooks is a panzerjager tag, I dropped to my knees and praised Thor, Odin and a few others when that came out of the ground intact.

A original "Freiwilligen" dog tag.
    Very nice piece.

Bestreg.

Kindzjal