Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dogtags Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello all, just found this site and was wondering if maybe i could finally get an answer on these. I've had them for a while and am pretty sure they're both fakes. in case the pictures aren'

?

Default Dogtags Real or Fake?

Hello all,

just found this site and was wondering if maybe i could finally get an answer on these. I've had them for a while and am pretty sure they're both fakes.

Dogtags Real or Fake?Dogtags Real or Fake?

in case the pictures aren't clear enough, the top one reads:

1/SS PZ RGT 2

the bottom one says:
    2. INF FLAK RGT 5

thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dogtags Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hello and welcome to the forum, those pictures are too small to see any details making it impossible to verify if they are authentic.

?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum, those pictures are too small to see any details making it impossible to verify if they are authentic.
    sorry about that. here they are again.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dogtags Real or Fake?   Dogtags Real or Fake?  

?

Looks like the SS one has a common fake font, here is a link to another thread on this site that has a similar font. If you can get a close up of the disks it would be better these are still pretty small images.

Need help id panzer and kriegsmarine dog tags

?

thanks, but i'm not a great photographer. i can't get any closer, clear images of them.

?

Sorry I could not help you more, maybe someone else can see the photos better.

?

Yup, they're fakes; the most obvious tell is the font appears to be the same on both- just compare the identical text: 'RGT'- from your photos, they certainly look the same, which would never happen on real Erkennungsmarken. I recognize the font too- it is indeed the same as the one in the other thread or very close to it. A third problem is the extremely high roll number on the supposed Panzer disc; no way over 4000 men belonged to the 1. Kompanie LOL Maybe if it were a Regiment-level roll, but those are rare. But it's clearly already a fake so it's academic.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Yup, they're fakes; the most obvious tell is the font appears to be the same on both- just compare the identical text: 'RGT'- from your photos, they certainly look the same, which would never happen on real Erkennungsmarken. I recognize the font too- it is indeed the same as the one in the other thread or very close to it. A third problem is the extremely high roll number on the supposed Panzer disc; no way over 4000 men belonged to the 1. Kompanie LOL Maybe if it were a Regiment-level roll, but those are rare. But it's clearly already a fake so it's academic.
    i expected as much. thanks!