Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Doubtful German Dog-Tag

Article about: Hello everybody I repost this German ID tag hoping that i could find an answer regarding its authenticity. Is it a modern fake or an authentic piece? The person that sold it to me said that

Default Doubtful German Dog-Tag

Hello everybody
    I repost this German ID tag hoping that i could find an answer regarding its authenticity. Is it a modern fake or an authentic piece? The person that sold it to me said that he had bought the tag in a Flea Market in Nurnberg. It appears to be inscribed N.E.A. (Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung). It is quite an insignifiant unit and it might not worth to fake a dog-tag, but I haven't seen yet something similar. The carving of the letters also looks strange
    In waiting for your answer I thank you very much
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Doubtful German Dog-Tag   Doubtful German Dog-Tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doubtful German Dog-Tag
    P
    Many

?

It looks fine to me, an original period piece in my opinion. Check how the stamping is covered by the decay instead of on top of it.

Perfectly OK. This one has been stamped using two sets. Probably the Abteilung stamped a whole bunch of tags, then the company details and bloodgroup was filled out when it was issued.

Good one.

Seems to me that a lot of these N.E.A tags have very straight forward/not very stylized fonts. Looks good to me as well.

Looks good.