Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EKM SS-Wachbattalion

Article about: Hi, today I want to share my EKM with you. Found this a long time ago I think it's from someone of the 4th company of the SS-Wachbattalion III 'Nordwest. Sorry for the bad quality of the pic

Default EKM SS-Wachbattalion

Hi,

today I want to share my EKM with you.
    Found this a long time ago
    I think it's from someone of the 4th company of the SS-Wachbattalion III 'Nordwest.
    Sorry for the bad quality of the pics but what do you think?

EKM  SS-Wachbattalion

EKM  SS-Wachbattalion

Greetings,

Marinus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKM  SS-Wachbattalion
    P
    Many

?

Marinus, did you find this yourself? This is a very tiny and rare unit, only about 1200 men strong in the entire SS-Wachbattalion III . I really like some of the features on this disk like the wearing of the holes on the top. I also really don't like a few things, the roll number seems incredibly high for a company that probably had less than 180 men. The two top holes are way bigger than the bottom hole. I would really like to see the bottom half better to look at the type, in these pics the blood type looks like 2 different fonts. What is the disk made out of?

Thanks for your response.
    Yes found it myself, more than 30 years ago.
    Here are some better (?) pics.

Greetings, Marinus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKM  SS-Wachbattalion   EKM  SS-Wachbattalion  

?

The first photos were distorted this is much clearer I don't have such a problem with the holes or font now. This is the only SS-Wachbattalion disk I have ever seen and I like it, it looks OK to me. The only way to really verify it for someone who did not find it in the field is to compare it to a known "real" disk. In this case that might be impossible as these particular troops may not be too proud of their service records. The roll number is probably OK but I am not sure.

?

That's a nice disc- it's the uncommon form of zinc type with the large holes like the Nirosta usually have. And I love the unique way the Stammrollennummer is stamped around the single bottom hole.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

I have some early SS tags with similar shape. The tag looks good to me. i will share some of the tags with similar shape
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics