Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ekm Waffen SS help.

Article about: Hi What doo you think about this one?

Default Ekm Waffen SS help.

Hi
    What doo you think about this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ekm Waffen SS help.   Ekm Waffen SS help.  

Ekm Waffen SS help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ekm Waffen SS help.
    P
    Many

?

All I have for you is the information about the unit:

SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 25

Als 1. SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment "Hitlerjugend" für die 12. SS-Panzergrenadierdivision "Hitlerjugend" (später 12. SS-Panzerdivision "Hitlerjugend") Im Oktober 1943 wurde das Regiment in Panzergrenadier Regiment 25 umbenannt.
    Die erste Kampfhandlung fand am 7. Juni 1944 bei Caen, gegen kanadische Truppen statt.
    Die Reste des Regiments ergaben sich, zusammen mit den anderen Teilen der Division, bei Enns und Steyr, US Truppen.

Regimentskommandeure:

Bis 14.6.44 SS-Standartenführer Kurt Meyer

SS-Obersturmbannführer Karl-Heinz Milius

SS-Sturmbannführer Siegfried Müller

I can not comment on authenticity, but we have some fine members who can help you further.

Not a fan I have to say...

?

I am not a fan either.
    I do not like the font. I have never seen any regiment level disks for this unit either, that is not to say they don't exist but I have never seen one.

The unit number is cockeyed-like it was stamped one number at a time..and yet it is mirrored exactly on the lower half? I wouldn't invest any money into it, myself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Many thanks guys. I bought this cheaply about ten years ago in a junk shop and have never been too sure about it. I manly buy regular German kit, insignia and deacs and not normally ss because of the large number of good fakes. Any more comments would be welcome.

?

Wagriff you have great eyes!

Here is the disk again with the roll number from the bottom clipped out and turned over so you can compare the two.

So the roll number looks to be one stamp and not separate numbers definitely makes the disk look bad, probably done with a press at one time for each side.

The other red flag is the fact that the font set is all the same. The numbers are lightly stamped on the unit and smashed into the roll number but they are the same font and stamp most likely.

The other thing that is not exactly a deal breaker but adds more trouble is the lack of bloodtype.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ekm Waffen SS help.  

Many thanks. That's brilliant. Note I know wether to look for. It was dirt cheap so a good learning tool I think. Thanks for all of your expertise everyone. This really is a useful site.