Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Encodet SS Dog Tag????

Article about: Have had the Waffen SS encodet dog tags?

?

Quote by MarcoPennisi View Post
    If it's so pure, the author might well have spared it. If it's not based on factual circumstances or the thesis is not demonstrated, it's just a guess ... maybe inspired by the first two digits (36 = 36th WSS division ie Dirlewanger's) of the mistery code?
    Yes, if you have read Hoïdal's book you will see that it is indeed the number 36 wich inspired his speculation. As said before, it is a speculation.

Luckily we have this forum and we can learn from one another.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Encodet SS Dog Tag????
    P
    Many

Hoidal uses the very description of this particular ekm as speculation, such a phrase to me implies that there is nothing to substantiate the authors own hypothesis, no documentary evidence - hardly surprising given the nature of this unit and the timeframe such ekm might have been in existence if indeed they ever were. A mystery until it can be dispelled by evidence, but if it hasn’t come to light yet then I doubt it ever will be found.

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Yes, if you have read Hoïdal's book you will see that it is indeed the number 36 wich inspired his speculation. As said before, it is a speculation.

Luckily we have this forum and we can learn from one another.
    I haven't read Hoïdal's book yet, but thank you for confirming my conclusion. The fact remains that cryptography it's not the way SS dog tags were filled in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2