Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarke Identification

Article about: Trying to identify this piece, is this mapping department 29? What does St mean on dog tags?

?

Default Erkennungsmarke Identification

Trying to identify this piece, is this mapping department 29? What does St mean on dog tags?

Erkennungsmarke Identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke Identification
    P
    Many

Just a guess, maybe Karten-Stelle

?

I hadn't thought of that. More leaning towards karte stab since the cartographers were part of the staff of the division. But I have never seen a cartographers tag before. Thanks.

?

In my opinion this one is also not correct. The same font is used as seen on other reproductions. Numbers are the same as on the GD emarke.

Regards, Rik

?

:/ any other opinions on this? This is a pretty random/insignificant one to fake!

?

Quote by mapjew View Post
    :/ any other opinions on this? This is a pretty random/insignificant one to fake!
    Many Third Reich items are faked, and these are no exception, common T.R items can fetch a decent amount of money.

Quote by mapjew View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. More leaning towards karte stab since the cartographers were part of the staff of the division. But I have never seen a cartographers tag before. Thanks.
    It is Kartenstelle. (The term "karte stab" does not exist and makes no sense in German.) Divisions, corps and armies all had their Kartenstellen.

I cannot comment on originality.

Never seen one like this before, but the unit would have been so small that the roll nummer 4 isn't out of place. Presumably existed at Korps level only?

?

Just going to clear some things up.
    I am sticking with what I said about this emarke and the Grossdeutschland emarke. They are both reproductions.
    I will provide you with the fakes I had in my collection and got rid of, the font is the same as on your emarken, especially the numbers are exactly the same.

Erkennungsmarke IdentificationErkennungsmarke IdentificationErkennungsmarke IdentificationErkennungsmarke IdentificationErkennungsmarke Identification

Compare these with yours, they are all bad. Remember this font and this will help you in the future.

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 10-13-2018 at 08:14 AM.

?

I believe it is the Kartenstelle for the 29th infantry division motorized. I would have thought it original if the "r" was not identical to the GD disk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast