Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarke Ikaria

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got these ID discs, I know that the "aluminium" disc was worn by the prioners ( I have a lot of them), but the one with a skull on I do not know, could it be A

Default Erkennungsmarke Ikaria

Hi Forum
    I have just got these ID discs, I know that the "aluminium" disc was worn by the prioners ( I have a lot of them), but the one with a skull on I do not know, could it be Allgemeine SS and watch personel at Ikaria ?

Link to Ikaria:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/KZ-Au%C3%9Fenlager_Velten
    Regards
    John

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarke Ikaria   Erkennungsmarke Ikaria  

Erkennungsmarke Ikaria   Erkennungsmarke Ikaria  

Erkennungsmarke Ikaria  
    Attached Images Attached Images Erkennungsmarke Ikaria 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarke Ikaria
    P
    Many

Not too sure about those deaths head tags. But the aluminium tags are engine acceptance tags from Heinkel engines that were made at the Ikaruswerke that built engines for Heinkel, hence the logo on them.

?

John,

I have seen quite a few different thingies like you have here and my understanding is this kind of stuff was used for key fobs tool chest tags all kinds of stuff like that.

Thank you for your reply, Yes I know the alunimium ID disc, but I am bit unsure know, did the disc come along with the engine or was it an id disc for the female prisoners ?

Erkennungsmarke Ikaria. This dog tag was worn by Ostarbeiters and later by forced laborers. Finding place in Velten. This small subcamp in Velten was laying from March 1943 in Velten and belonged as subcamp first to concentration camp Ravensbrck, but later to Sachsenhausen. This camp mostly held women and they had to work under deplorable circumstances for the Germans. These women were employed at the factory Ikaria Gesellschaft fr Flugzeugzubehr MBH. This factory was an important supplier for the Heinkel-werke Oranienburg. Cannons like the MG-FF and the Oerlikon FF were made here

Regards
    John

- - ------- - -

Thank you for your ID, I will see if I can find more info about these tags
    Regards
    John

?

John,

The only tags the Germans used for prisoners did not look like these. They did not give concentration camp inmates tags or tag non combatant slave labor. The "deaths head" medallions you have there are marked "ABT 8" and numbered. That would be the German abbreviation for "Ableitung 8" a military unit.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    The "deaths head" medallions you have there are marked "ABT 8" and numbered. That would be the German abbreviation for "Ableitung 8" a military unit.
    Not necessarily: "Abteilung" means both "detachment" (a battalion-sized military unit) and "department" (in the usual administrative sense).

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Thank you for your reply, Yes I know the alunimium ID disc, but I am bit unsure know, did the disc come along with the engine or was it an id disc for the female prisoners ?

Erkennungsmarke Ikaria. This dog tag was worn by Ostarbeiters and later by forced laborers. Finding place in Velten. This small subcamp in Velten was laying from March 1943 in Velten and belonged as subcamp first to concentration camp Ravensbrck, but later to Sachsenhausen. This camp mostly held women and they had to work under deplorable circumstances for the Germans. These women were employed at the factory Ikaria Gesellschaft fr Flugzeugzubehr MBH. This factory was an important supplier for the Heinkel-werke Oranienburg. Cannons like the MG-FF and the Oerlikon FF were made here

Regards
    John

- - ------- - -

Thank you for your ID, I will see if I can find more info about these tags
    Regards
    John
    Such round tags were in plentiful supply. KZ inmates had no need of such identification. I suppose it might be possible that they did utilise them and re-use them, but I doubt it.

?

Thanks HPL I learn something each time you post.