Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Erkennungsmarken, Art, Flak, all from the eastern front.

Article about: Hello. I just recieved this small group of erkennungsmarken. Please share your views and opinions on these if there are any. Best regards Anders

?

Default Re: Erkennungsmarken, Art, Flak, all from the eastern front.

That's a much larger percentage than I have or that I've seen- certainly one's taste regarding what is 'interesting' comes into play with respect to collection statistics.

I don't even know if a member of a unit did the stamping- it could have simply been contracted out to a local resident in the town where the unit was stationed; disc marking is one of those things I suspect that we may find interesting but at the time nobody gave it a second thought save those directly involved- and they likely only knew as much as was necessary to complete their tasks...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I can only hope that those who have the honour to talk to veterans ask if they have the chance.
    The dog tags might be easier to talk about compared to some other aspects of war.
    I did meet a few german veterans way back in my youth, but back then I asked about other things.
    I was a bit surprised myself when I counted the "rotated" tags.
    I have just recently found a way to have them on display in my home, before they were closed up in plastic envelopes in a "book"
    The SCHW FLAK tag and its variation is one of a kind in my collection.
    The rest have the simple rotation variation with no text on the "backside" of the disc.

Anders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCHWFLAKERSABTRear.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	159385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCHWFLAKERSABTFront.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	159386  

?

Yup, that's probably the least common arrangement- I have at least one I can recall immediately, but I'm not even sure if there's a second in my collection...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I felt that I wanted to post a pic of the tags with the "rotation variation"
    I actually have a few more with this variation, but they didnt fit in the picture.

Best regards
    Anders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25 tags with rotated text110102.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	167110  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12