Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??

Article about: Hello does anyone know what unit this is thank you so much for your time and help Tony

?

Default Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??

Hello
    does anyone know what unit this is
    thank you so much for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??   Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??  

Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??   Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken german id disc ??
    P
    Many

This would probably be it : Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 62 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

I'm thinking this would have been for a member of the Stab

?

I agree with Slados, Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 62. Looks good to me as well.

?

Hello
    thank you for your help
    I really appreciate it
    Tony

?

Saying exactly it comes from:
    2. ST. KP. GR.E.B. 62 = 2 Stammkompanie Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 62 - 2nd cadre company/ 62nd infantry replacement battalion

Quote by Stacez View Post
    Saying exactly it comes from:
    2. ST. KP. GR.E.B. 62 = 2 Stammkompanie Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 62 - 2nd cadre company/ 62nd infantry replacement battalion
    Stacez; Is there any way of telling "Stamm" and "Stab" abbreviations apart? I just figured Stammkompanie tags usually had the designation spelled out as "Stamm" an that "St" usually referred to the "Stab". Would it be specifically because we're dealing with an Ersatz unit? Size of number?

nice one!

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Stacez; Is there any way of telling "Stamm" and "Stab" abbreviations apart? I just figured Stammkompanie tags usually had the designation spelled out as "Stamm" an that "St" usually referred to the "Stab". Would it be specifically because we're dealing with an Ersatz unit? Size of number?
    "St." is an abbreviation for Stamm and Stab as well. In that case you have to recall the structure of such unit. There was not Stabskompanie in Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon but only Stammkompanie.

Thank you for that info! I see, though, that there is listed a "Stab" on the Lexikon Der Wehrmacht page for this unit and all its incarnations --- is this not correct? Or are you simply saying that the rule was that no Ersatz units had a Stab, as such?

?

Of course there was a Stab - ech battalion-size unit had such element. Here we are talking about ID tag which starts with ST.KP. stampings, so it simply indicates kind of company (in this case Stammkompanie).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast