Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Erkennungsmarken, help needed

Article about: Hi can you translate those EM ? thanks for answers cordially Didier

Default 9053 Stamm / L.S.E.B. 1

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to find out any information that I can get, really. It would be nice to tell my Oma more about my Gross Opa before she, too, passes away as she is now 85 years old and last saw her dad when she was 14.

His name was Samuel Peddle and he was born on 3 December 1898 in Dombrowo, (Kreis Warschau) Poland. He was a farmer (landwirt).
    His Erkennungsmarke is 9053 Stamm / L.S.E.B. 1
    He was last heard from on 17 November 1944 in or around Schneidemuehl.

I had contacted the German Red Cross as well as the War Graves Commission, however, they cannot give me much further information. I visited one of the archives in Berlin in 2014 and was provided with a card that they had on file. There is something written that I cannot quite decipher, along the lines of: "Inf. Gesch. Err. v. Ausb. Kp. 11, Bialystok
    Zug am 18.2.44
    I have attached photos of this document.

Do you have any suggestions of any online archives or further places I might be able to search to find any further information?

Thank you for any help that you can provide!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6813.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	924020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6814.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	924021

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by GrossOpaSuchen View Post
    I visited one of the archives in Berlin in 2014 and was provided with a card that they had on file. There is something written that I cannot quite decipher, along the lines of: "Inf. Gesch. Err. v. Ausb. Kp. 11, Bialystok
    Zug am 18.2.44
    It says "Inf.Gesch. Ers. u. Ausb. Kp. 11" = "Infanteriegeschütz-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Kompanie 11" [Infantry Gun Training- and Replacement Company 11].

"Zug." = "Zugang", i.e. the day he joined that unit.

Hello, HPL2008,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know what the following entries say?
    12.6.57, it reads DRK Munchen zu Reg.F.Mu.orig.6067266 keine Festst.getr.,A.G.Beshl.
    28.1.59, VA Bremen, Anor.v. 29.10.58 - R II/20 Grdl.Nr. 247 944 - u.zk. ges. Keine Meldungen.Reg.Fall, AG-BeschulB mitget.

Thank you again for your help!

Those two entries (and several others) merely document various administrative proceedings and communications with other agencies.

The authorities have no knowledge of his eventual fate. Not reported as a loss by his unit, he apparently was categorized as missing. He was legally declared dead by the Munich Amtsgericht [District Court] on 10th October 1951.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12