Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?

Article about: Paul, as far as I can tell no one in Russia is digging legally. The whole place appears to be a kleptocracy with people digging however and wherever they can. It is terrible how remains are

?

Matt no one is accusing anyone of anything merely passing on an observation from the value of our experience with EK's that have been recovered during our completely legal Excavations on behalf of the Volksbund and Russian War Graves.

The actual source of the EK is obviously unknown or only known to the OP !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Eike 41
    It was just part of other stuff, and it was cheap and I took a chance, it is a Little interesting because it was found on the remains of an German soldier, the seller told me it was found in his pocket in the remains og his trousers.
    Regards
    John

Hi Matt L
    Great comment, I just got it because it was part of other stuff, and not that expensive, I just took a chance.
    Regards
    John

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Eike 41
    It was just part of other stuff, and it was cheap and I took a chance, it is a Little interesting because it was found on the remains of an German soldier, the seller told me it was found in his pocket in the remains og his trousers.
    Regards
    John
    It seems like our experience in this area was correct , what has happened to the remains of the soldier ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Hi Paul E
    It was just part of other stuff, and it was cheap and I took a chance, it is a Little interesting because it was found on the remains of an German soldier, the seller told me it was found in his pocket in the remains of his trousers, but no proff to be certain. I have seen others "damaged" in the same way which have been found on human remains, and why sold anyone bother to sell this item so cheap, and use a lot of time to make a forgery. :-)
    Regards
    John

?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Hi Paul E
    It was just part of other stuff, and it was cheap and I took a chance, it is a Little interesting because it was found on the remains of an German soldier, the seller told me it was found in his pocket in the remains of his trousers, but no proff to be certain. I have seen others "damaged" in the same way which have been found on human remains, and why sold anyone bother to sell this item so cheap, and use a lot of time to make a forgery. :-)
    Regards
    John
    John the issue here is not that the EK is not original it is that it has come from the remains of a German soldier and the ethics of buying such an item when you don't know what has happened to those remains , many people would not consider buying such an item !!

1st July 1916

Well, I only has selers Words, and I didnīt ask about the remains of the soldier, but it would have been great to know,

OK, but that is another discussion, and that consideration covers a lot of stuff on this site.
    Regards
    John

?

John, I did not mean to cause you (or anyone else) any consternation. I think the tag will make a nice display piece. God knows that everything from battlefield sites can be associated with remains. I have done my share of digging in Russia and we came across remains. These were turned over to the graves commission, based on my experience I am not concerned about these kinds of items.

?

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    John, I did not mean to cause you (or anyone else) any consternation. I think the tag will make a nice display piece. God knows that everything from battlefield sites can be associated with remains. I have done my share of digging in Russia and we came across remains. These were turned over to the graves commission, based on my experience I am not concerned about these kinds of items.
    Unfortunately it is well documented that not everyone is digging legally , in fact probably the majority certainly in the past were not so i have to say these type of items do cause me concerns if the remains have been discarded forever and the EK's sold.

1st July 1916

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast