Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?

Article about: Paul, as far as I can tell no one in Russia is digging legally. The whole place appears to be a kleptocracy with people digging however and wherever they can. It is terrible how remains are

Default Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?

Hi Experts
    I have just bought this ID disc, it is in very bad condition, byt the seller told me it was found in Ukraine on the "minus" front, i do not know if this is correct, and I can read R 6 or R 9 on the disc. Any idea about it ?

regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?   Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?  

Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?   Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like Rgt for Regiment but after that i can see nothing on this tag !! It is the Mius Front he refers to !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul E
    Thank you so far, so it is not a number but is says RG (regiment), yes it is a pity, it is in very bad condition
    Regards
    John

?

Default image

Here is all I can get off the disk rgt 3 or rgt 13 is what I see. there are a few characters in the middle on the opposite side. Why were you interested in buying this tag if I may ask?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken- ID discs ?  

?

At least this tag found with the body, charcter of the oxidation are similar to the known by me. Buying such stuff motivate black digging
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I dont like the corrosion of this one either..
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

I like the disk, I would say it is original, I am just curious about it being desirable I have a few like this one and I like it as a relic.

?

The tag is of course original but is in such a condition as to suggest that it has been found with human remains , many tags recovered with bodies where they have been in close contact with the remains themselves display similar damage, colorisation , oxidation etc !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Zero collector value with this one IMO.

?

Definitely 'Rgt' on the far right end, and the opposite side appears to have a 'g' in the middle of the text, but that's not enough to identify anything. The 'Rgt' is oddly angled too so it's very crude stamping. I have to agree with Glenn though- although I don't mind relic discs if they're very rare units, or otherwise have something very special about them, but I don't see anything like that in this one I'm afraid. And I would caution those talking about grave digging- unless you can prove that no other conditions in nature could ever, ever cause that kind of corrosion, then it's not indicative of anything for sure. If one sometimes finds a good deal of damage like this in discs associated with remains, that's fine, but it hardly suggests anything more than on possibility for this one- and not even a strong possibility unless, again, you can show it's common under those circumstances, and extremely rare under any others. It's like accusing someone of murder without even knowing if anyone's dead yet.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast