MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake or Real? Erkennungsmarken with Pouch

Article about: Hi Everyone, I'd love some help on ascertaining the authenticity of these items, please. Also, I noticed many of you are able to find out whether certain companies/divisions existed. Where c

?

Default Fake or Real? Erkennungsmarken with Pouch

Hi Everyone,

I'd love some help on ascertaining the authenticity of these items, please. Also, I noticed many of you are able to find out whether certain companies/divisions existed. Where can I look this up?

Much appreciated,

Nick

Fake or Real? Erkennungsmarken with PouchFake or Real? Erkennungsmarken with Pouch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or Real? Erkennungsmarken with Pouch
    P
    Many

C'mon Nick, waaay better photos than this are needed to make any sort of comment.

As for your unit list, try Lexikon der Wehrmacht

It is supposed to be 1st Kompanie/FJ Regt 3.

However, FJ tags would not be made with the unit designation on them like this. Flying units used the MOB number system, simply a code number.

I think it is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Normally Glenn would be quite right- angled shots that aren't so clear really aren't as helpful in evaluating a disc as straight-on, clear ones; but in this case Ade has it- Fallschirmjäger units did use the unit code system, not plain text (so far as I've ever been able to discover), so it's doubtful this one is good. The leather pouch marked 'Wehrmacht' is extremely dubious as well- they were, again so far as I've ever heard, private purchase items, not issued ones, so there's no reason they'd ever be marked 'Wehrmacht'. Not to mention the FJ were Luftwaffe soldiers...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

As I look at it further, the 'zero' in the stammrollen number appears very similar if not identical to the 'O' of the blood type which would not be the case given the discs were stamped initially with unit and stammrollen identifiers then given the blood type only later after the owner had been tested.

I believe my thinking is correct on this point, Matt?

?

Usually, Glenn, yes that does seem to be the case; it's not that it's never, ever seen on real ones, but rather that it's not normal, and it is rather commonly seen on fakes so is always cause for suspicion. In this case, because the disc is already quite dubious, it's yet another feature that points to it being bad.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thumbs down

I would only take it as a gift! Maby made up for a re-enactor who didn't know what an original looked like?
    I have a couple of Fallschirmjager EKMs and this is nothing like the pattern/style of the markings on them.
    Sarge

?

I won't be buying from that dealer again, then. He's sold me a few too many questionable items. My being new to militaria makes me quite vulnerable to this!

Thank you, all.

Nick

So who was this 'dealer'?

?

Robert Wyss (Special Project Militaria). No website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast