Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Erkennungsmarken!

Article about: Hello all, Thought I would share my first Erkennungsmarke. I haven't received it yet, but wanted to post it anyway. Here's hoping you guys like it! If anyone could point me in the right dire

Default First Erkennungsmarke!

Hello all,

Thought I would share my first Erkennungsmarke. I haven't received it yet, but wanted to post it anyway. Here's hoping you guys like it!

First Erkennungsmarken!

If anyone could point me in the right direction to research the unit, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Josh
    Last edited by Aus der Traum; 11-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Erkennungsmarken!
    P
    Many

?

That's a beauty for your first disc Josh- congrats. The unit is Infanterie-Regiment 366, so just go to the sticky thread at the beginning of the section entitled: "Link to Lexikon der Wehrmacht- Find unit information here", or just type the unit in a Bing/ Google/ whatever search and you'll get a page on it.

Oh and it's an Erkennungsmarke- Erkennungsmarken is plural
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    That's a beauty for your first disc Josh- congrats. The unit is Infanterie-Regiment 366, so just go to the sticky thread at the beginning of the section entitled: "Link to Lexikon der Wehrmacht- Find unit information here", or just type the unit in a Bing/ Google/ whatever search and you'll get a page on it.

Oh and it's an Erkennungsmarke- Erkennungsmarken is plural
    Hi Matt,

Many thanks for the nice words! I'm glad you like it! I've been meaning to get one of these for a while, I wanted it to be a regular infantry regiment and I wanted it to have its chord. They were my two aims and I finally found one that suited so I pounced on it!

Also, thanks for the correction - I just tried to change it but no luck!
    Best wishes,
    Josh

?

It's a pre-war soldier's disc too- the roll number is less than the authorized strength of an Infanterie Kompanie, showing he was an original member of the 9. Kompanie. The cord is original too, which is nice to find. There's no blood group marking, which may suggest he didn't serve a lot later than mid-1941, when the mark began to be put on discs, or that he simply never got one. But the condition and the presence of the cord makes me wonder if he was wounded and discharged or otherwise left the army before that time and the disc was kept as a rememberance (or maybe even by regulation). It's tough to see, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of wear on the edges of the cord holes, suggesting the disc wasn't worn for years and years- aluminum is soft and would doubtless wear a good deal (unless he didn't wear it, which seems to have happened sometimes as often one sees no discs in pictures of shirtless soldiers). Regarless, you should be safe expecting he served in at least the earliest actions IR366 was involved in- at least until the invasion of the Soviet Union maybe.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Great piece, can't wait to see it hanging around the neck of that mannequin of yours!

Matt, thank you for that vast amount of information - It is very much appreciated! I look forward to getting the disc in hand. I look forward to researching the unit more.

Rob, cheers mate - will be a nice addition!

Josh

Nice find!....

?

Very nice original tag Josh to a veteran Army Group North Infanterie Regiment , i have an interest in the 227 ID do you know where the EK came from ?

The Regiment was comanded by Swords Winner Maximilian Wengler and the Grenadiers were known as Wenglerowo for their combat south of the Oranianbaum pocket and on the Narva Riverline in January / Feb 1944 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Very nice original tag Josh to a veteran Army Group North Infanterie Regiment , i have an interest in the 227 ID do you know where the EK came from ?

The Regiment was comanded by Swords Winner Maximilian Wengler and the Grenadiers were known as Wenglerowo for their combat south of the Oranianbaum pocket and on the Narva Riverline in January / Feb 1944 !!
    Hi Paul - this one is on it's way from the collectors guild but that is as much as I know I'm afraid.

Would you happen to have any more information or images relating to 227 ID?

Best wishes,
    Josh

Nice ERK. Before you know it you will have a bunch of these
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast