Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Georgien FRW good one?

Article about: Hello: Here I post a Georgien Frw dog tag, what do you think about it? I have seen other georgien tags and although lettering looks similar the way of mentioning the unit is a bit different.

?

Default Georgien FRW good one?

Hello:

Here I post a Georgien Frw dog tag, what do you think about it? I have seen other georgien tags and although lettering looks similar the way of mentioning the unit is a bit different. Aging looks nice but is easy to forge.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Georgien FRW good one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Georgien FRW good one?
    P
    Many

I don't like it.

?

Yeah, I don't like it either. The ends of the Trennschlitzen are round, which is very atypical- but is seen on fakes; the ends of the letters are round, which is extremely atypical- but is seen on fakes; the Halsschnur holes look to be off-centre, and there looks to be more space between the left Trennschliz and then centre one than the right. All but the letter ends could be explained if it were field-made I suppose, but it doesn't strike me as so. Those are 'flaws' that are seen on fakes too. Nothing at all about this disc looks good really... I sure wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't even want it for free LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks for your comments, you have confirmed my suspicions, each time I see those round edges I tend to be wary as it's a common feature some types of tags forged in eastern europe.

Here You've got a example of an original dog tag:

Georgien FRW good one?

?

Nice- and it points out another issue with the one in question: the ridiculously high Stammrollennummer; the general Georgische-Legion could have extremely high numbers like 12000+, but the 2. Kompanie of Georgische-Infanterie-Bataillon 795 definitely didn't have over 4400 men in it even if they had the worst loss rate of any military unit in history LOL Even if it was a Bataillon roll, that's way too high. But fakers usually look at replacement unit discs and those can easily have numbers in the thousands.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...