Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German dog tag identification. Help needed.

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some assistance in identifying this German dog tag. In case the picture is not clear the top line reads 32 F.R.W. The second line re

Default German dog tag identification. Help needed.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some assistance in identifying this German dog tag. In case the picture is not clear the top line reads 32 F.R.W. The second line reads L.V.F. 1857 Thanks, No1canuck.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German dog tag identification. Help needed.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German dog tag identification. Help needed.
    P
    Many

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have doubts this is original, but others will tell you much more than I.

FRW is "Freiwillige" (volunteer)

LVF is Légion des Volontaires Français.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I agree that it's dubious- the '1' and the '2' in particular are very typical of fake fonts I'm familiar with and have shown many times in various threads.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank you for the welcome and your input. Much appreciated to hear from people with more experience than me. My son bought this at a sale and did not spend much, so no big loss if it is not real, but a shame that there is so much fake stuff around. Will kinda turn him off collecting i think.

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    Thank you for the welcome and your input. Much appreciated to hear from people with more experience than me. My son bought this at a sale and did not spend much, so no big loss if it is not real, but a shame that there is so much fake stuff around. Will kinda turn him off collecting i think.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    What would be a real shame is that it might turn him off of collecting. Since it was a small loss, it won't hurt so much. The research involved will only make him more knowledgable in this area. Believe me, we have all been there.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It's unfortunate that fakers get into pretty much everything; it makes buying things at shows or shops more dodgy to be sure. Luckily, we have places like this nowadays so it doesn't make collecting in general any tougher- we're far better off really than we've ever been since in the past one had to learn by trial and error, and now you can just ask any old time
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...