German ID Disk for IDen

Article about: It looks to be in amazing condition if its real. But i let pros weigh their opinion. Thanks all.

Default German ID Disk, Please help ID

It looks to be in amazing condition if its real. But i let pros weigh their opinion. Thanks all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9273.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	721858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9271.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	721856  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9272.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	721857  
    Last edited by twism94; 07-31-2014 at 02:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I don't see anything suspicious- it looks just fine. 2. Kompanie Ersatz-Abteilung für motorisiert Aufklärungs-Einheit 3 It's one of those rare examples where the Stamrollennummer between the cord holes and it and the blood group letter on either side of the lower half hole are actually realistic; it's very common on fakes for some reason but generally is quite uncommon on real discs- usually it's because the unit text, like this, is so very long...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank you very much for your deep insight , i am trilled. It looks to be in amazing condition.

?

Sure thing- I'm happy to help. And yeah, it's a nice one for sure.

?

I noted that the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site, which usually gives all the information one might need about a unit (that's available), doesn't include the fact that this unit supplied replacement troops to Aufklärungs-Abteilung (mot.) 53, so that's a possible field unit this soldier served in. He was an early recruit too since his roll number is so low. Also the unit title was changed to Kradschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 4 in October 1941, so the disc was issued before that.

And I made a couple of spelling mistakes in the name- it's actually Ersatz-Abteilung für motorisierte Aufklärungs-Einheiten 3