Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German ID Disk for IDen

Article about: It looks to be in amazing condition if its real. But i let pros weigh their opinion. Thanks all.

Default German ID Disk, Please help ID

It looks to be in amazing condition if its real. But i let pros weigh their opinion. Thanks all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ID Disk for IDen   German ID Disk for IDen  

German ID Disk for IDen  
    Last edited by twism94; 07-31-2014 at 01:56 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ID Disk for IDen
    P
    Many

?

I don't see anything suspicious- it looks just fine. 2. Kompanie Ersatz-Abteilung für motorisiert Aufklärungs-Einheit 3 It's one of those rare examples where the Stamrollennummer between the cord holes and it and the blood group letter on either side of the lower half hole are actually realistic; it's very common on fakes for some reason but generally is quite uncommon on real discs- usually it's because the unit text, like this, is so very long...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank you very much for your deep insight , i am trilled. It looks to be in amazing condition.

?

Sure thing- I'm happy to help. And yeah, it's a nice one for sure.

?

I noted that the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site, which usually gives all the information one might need about a unit (that's available), doesn't include the fact that this unit supplied replacement troops to Aufklärungs-Abteilung (mot.) 53, so that's a possible field unit this soldier served in. He was an early recruit too since his roll number is so low. Also the unit title was changed to Kradschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 4 in October 1941, so the disc was issued before that.

And I made a couple of spelling mistakes in the name- it's actually Ersatz-Abteilung für motorisierte Aufklärungs-Einheiten 3