Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD

Article about: Hello: One of my preferred german divisions is the GD. I've been trying to sort up different types of tags they had ( as there is hundreds of fakes out there) and besides I,ve seen at least

?

Default Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD

Hello:

One of my preferred german divisions is the GD. I've been trying to sort up different types of tags they had ( as there is hundreds of fakes out there) and besides I,ve seen at least one original example where instad of GD it was stamped Grs.Dtsch.
    Please if you could check the pics and let me know your comments? ( The Pz.Fus.Rgt one has the reverse as well as stammrolle was stamped on the back).
    Any other you may know or have is welcome as I would like to see as much examples as possible.
    Thanks and nice weekend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD   Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  

Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD   Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  

Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD   Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  

Attached Images Attached Images Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD
    P
    Many

I collect GD related Soldbucher, Wehrpasse and Urkunden and every now and then the set also includes the dogtag. Here is one example...
    Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD

?

Thanks for sharing, I,ve ever seen just one example of Gr.Dtschld tag stamping before. I hope to get one in the future for my collection.

?

Are all those GD discs yours Sajer or are you just asking if they're real or not?

I'm rather doubtful of some of them- the 18. Kp one has 'wear' on the cord holes that isn't smooth but has sharp edges, which makes me think it might have been done with a file; the 4. Kp IER GD has a font very much like known fakes and the ends of the Trennschlitzen are round as if they were holes connected by slots, which I've seen on some bad fakes from Eastern Europe; the 2. Ers Btl JR GD also has a font that looks quite like known fakes; I think it's worth checking if Grenadier-Ersatz-Regiment GD had a V. Bataillon because typically Regiments had only 4; and the Schnelle Truppen one's text doesn't quite follow the reference name which I found as 'Ausbildungs-Abteilung Schnelle Truppen Großdeutschland- and its 2. Kompanie is listed as Kradschützen, and the 3. is Panzer- so that one's a bit odd.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks, not all are mine just a couple of them but I wanted to check as the Pz.Fus looked right to me but the font is not a common one. Regarding the pz. Schnelle is mine as well and it,s true that marking is out of common but since it has an aging wich looks good to me and a the cord wear looks right (better seen on the reverse) i decided to get it. thank you very much .

?

Ah, okay, well the Füsilier overall looks okay to me- I've not seen one before, but since I had to look up whether or not the Regiment even had a 17. Kompanie (most have only 14), and whether or not it was the Infanterie-Geschütz Kompanie (which it was), so if it's a fake, the guy really did his research LOL The only thing that is a bit odd is the high Stammrollennummer; the unit was created well into the war so men serving there would have normally had discs from their Ersatz units, not this field unit; and it'd have to have been the Regiment issuing replacement discs, if that's what this is, to do so over 360 times- even that seems rather high.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thanks for your comments. I am posting a couple of detailed pics fo the schenlle truppen tag, to be honest I always had a good felling on it I knew lettering was not 100% right ( according to german red cross up to a 20% recovered bodies could not be properly identified due to mistakes in their tags) so some mistakes could be expected but everything else was right to me, the aging, the corrosion wich wnet inside the letters, the cord marks on the front and back, if they reach to this level at faking a tag I think it,s the right moment to quit an collect coins or stamps as it is impossible for me to tell right from wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD   Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  

Sandor
    ?

Good evening, gentlemen!
    Good dogtag: Schw.Ers.Kp.J.R.G.D. and Scnell Truppen Ers.Brig.mot.G.D and St.Kp.I.Btl.J.E.R.G.D.
    Other dogtag are fakes.
    Here a photo of my 2 dogtag of an educational heavy company (the half is dug out in Rzhev, whole dogtag in Konigsberg).
    I apologize for mistakes. I do not speak in English.

Soldbuch and dogtag very suspicious too...
    It possibly fakes too...

Best regards, Sandor.

you
    ?

Вот такая самоделка
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland erkennungsmarken GD  

Aufklärungs und Ausbildungs Abteilung, very contrary to regulations. What a mess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast