Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers

Article about: Hi. just wonna ask, maybe somebody know whom belongs these dog tags. Find in Lettland. i sugest that they are not paratroopers!!?!! on all are 32024; then pers nr 2314,2315,2303 maybe 32024

?

Default help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers

Hi. just wonna ask, maybe somebody know whom belongs these dog tags.
    Find in Lettland. i sugest that they are not paratroopers!!?!!
    on all are 32024; then pers nr 2314,2315,2303

maybe 32024 is feldpost number. Generalkommando XXXVIII. but what infantry, gernadier, luft pioniere & etc.

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers   help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers  

help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers   help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers
    P
    Many

But these are not ww2 pattern disks, the design with only 2 holes dates them to mid ww1.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    But these are not ww2 pattern disks, the design with only 2 holes dates them to mid ww1.
    its 100% ww2 ID tag. Very often if soldier lost, they made ID tags by themself!!!
    I allready get translation. sometimes on tags were mentioned fieldpost nummer, in that case 32024, armeekorps 38.

There would appear to be several guys who lost their tags then, or perhaps these tags were made fir baggage? Interesting finds.

?

Not sure why you think these are WWII disks, do you have any kind of provenance? The style is certainly consistent with WWI. I have seen lots of field made disks but they usually have a snap line and the same information on the top and bottom. These disks have 2 different numbers on them, I assume you think it is a feldpost number and a roll number? These could have been hiwis I suppose.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Not sure why you think these are WWII disks, do you have any kind of provenance? The style is certainly consistent with WWI. I have seen lots of field made disks but they usually have a snap line and the same information on the top and bottom. These disks have 2 different numbers on them, I assume you think it is a feldpost number and a roll number? These could have been hiwis I suppose.
    Which is why I queried them in the first place. I have found ww1 disks of this type used to mark telegraph cabling, but not used in ww2. That isn't to say they are not ww2 but the pattern of blsnk is 1915.

?

Its find in entrance of german bunker.
    in that region, where dog tags were find, there were no WW1.
    And aluminium was not widly used in ww1, especially in tog tags.

Its tranch made tags, very closed in size as original matric. seems like technical aluminium.
    and if its armeekorps 38, kapitulation they made in correct region where tags was finded.

i have find several trench made tags. for example HUV, brutally imprinted words & digits.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help to identify ; erkennungsmarke mit numbers  

?

On the first tags posted .I find it strange, and this coming from someone who doesn't have experience in ground dug items or dog tags.
    Why are the number above the corrosion on 2 of these? There is deep pitting yet the stamping is clear instead of obliterated by the pitting? Just curious and would like to hear more in case I decided to collect items such as these.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Findings in season 2016 at last topic are photos where tags was taken out from ground. they are 100 % original!!!