Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me with my first dogtag!

Article about: Easy now guys! I am the one who bought the tag. I felt that for \\$35 to have a authentic Tag that was prolly from Stalingrad was pretty cool. Not a bad price to have a piece of history.

Default Help me with my first dogtag!

Hi, first post here. I am new to the forum. I am really getting into all the ww2 documentries and would like to collect a few artifacts. I was looking at this German dogtag on ebay. Can someone please help me tell if it is fake and if it's not what do the markings mean? Thanks!

AUTHENTIC GERMAN DOG TAG from STALINGRAD ~ 5.SCHW.FLA - eBay (item 360336384120 end time Jan-19-11 23:01:24 PST)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me with my first dogtag!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help me with my first dogtag!

5th Heavy Anti-aircraft Replacement Detachment. It's real, btw.
    This regiment (49th) was indeed in Stalingrad, being a part of the 9th Flak Division, where it was supporting the 16th Panzer Division in the Northern sector of the encirclement (Kessel).
    It was repeatedly cited for bravery in this action as well.
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-16-2011 at 10:38 PM.

?

Hello,

5.SCHW.FLA.ERS.AB.6. = 5. (Batterie)/ schwere Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 6
    Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 6

Wow! Thanks guys for the info. Sounds like a good place start to my collection. I appreciate the help. What a cool site.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    5th Heavy Anti-aircraft Replacement Detachment. It's real, btw.
    This regiment (49th) was indeed in Stalingrad, being a part of the 9th Flak Division, where it was supporting the 16th Panzer Division in the Northern sector of the encirclement (Kessel).
    It was repeatedly cited for bravery in this action as well.
    Glenn
    Hello,

Firstly, It wasn't 5th Heavy Anti-aircraft Replacement Detachment but 6th. Look at my previous post, please.
    Secondly, what is this 49th regiment all about? This post is related to Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 6 and even if you take a look on 9. Flak-Division structure (link below) there wasn't any 49th regiment in it.
    9. Flak-Division
    BTW, this schwere Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 6 couldn't have been in Stalingrad because it was only replacement detachment.

Best regards

Ok...now i'm confused. Where do you think this is from and do you think it is authentic? I am able to pick it up for $35 shipped. Should i pass on this one?

Thanks

?

There's nothing confusing- it's real, Glenn just read it wrong and Stacez corrected the information. If the seller dug it up at Pitomnik, it's definitely from Stalingrad- Stacez's point is that replacement units themselves weren't in the field- they inducted and trained new soldiers in Germany (mostly), and sent them off to field units- sometimes it's difficult to know what field unit it might've been, such as is the case here.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Stacez is INCORRECT, and I must say that your post makes little sense, as you have completely MISREAD this disc. Is the 49 on the tag not the Regimental designation? Of course the Replacement Unit wasn't at Stalingrad.That's just where the guy was inducted/trained. I know that. You don't trace that number! The 49 is added later, by his permanent unit. That's the one you trace.I went through the German website -Lexicon der Wehrmacht- Flak Regiment 49 for my information...and I stand to my identification and decision on this tag.
    BTW: Someone else ended up buying it for $25.00...Could that have been you, Stacez?
    I've been in this business a long time and know all the tricks ya know...
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-17-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added info/clarification

?

Stacez is INCORRECT, and I must say that your post makes little sense, as you have completely MISREAD this disc. Is the 49 on the tag not the Regimental designation?
    No, it is NOT!
    49 it's the soldier's number (roll number) not a Flak-Regiment number!

Of course the Replacement Unit wasn't at Stalingrad.That's just where the guy was inducted/trained. I know that. You don't trace that number! The 49 is added later, by his permanent unit. That's the one you trace.I went through the German website -Lexicon der Wehrmacht- Flak Regiment 49 for my information...and I stand to my identification and decision on this tag.
    You can do whatever you want as long as you won't say such unbelievable stories here
    Shwere Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 6 was responsible for replacements for the following units:
    - Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 182
    - Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 606
    - Flak-Regiment 6.
    It didn't have any connection with Flak-Regiment 49 at all!
    As far as I know Flak-Regiment 6 was for sure deployed in Russia and it might have been possible that the bearer of ID tag presented by streetdaddy served in this unit.
    Flak-Regiment 6

BTW: Someone else ended up buying it for $25.00...Could that have been you, Stacez?
    I've been in this business a long time and know all the tricks ya know...
    Sorry my friend but I don't collect EKMs. I'm only interested in identification them I do appreciate that you're so deep in this business and you're so extraordinary expert on it but please take my advice - don't say any things about EKMs cause you know nothing about them

If I am incorrect I apologize. Cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast