Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me with these two discs please!

Article about: I suppose it depends on if you're talking officially or un-officially. Tags generally came in zinc, aluminum and stainless steel-the normal materials, but if replaced in the field, you can s

?

Question Help me with these two discs please!

hi everyone, im new here, can anyone help me to indentify these two disks? Real or Fake? and i dont really know what is means on the tag...
    thanks in advance
    Emmett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me with these two discs please!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help me with these two discs please!

Welcome to the forum Emmett- I think they're fine. The first one's a driver unit: 2. Schwadron/ Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 24, and the second's a maintnenance unit: 3. Werkstatt Kompanie 58. The 'loose' letters (AB and B) are the soldiers' blood groups and the numbers their personal roll numbers.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

thanks matt, just so glad to have experts like you around us, and once more this forum is awsome! Really appriciate that!
    Cheers
    Emmett

?

and one more question matt, the first disk came with a leather pouch, it's smells funny(probably been so old...), i dont know this pouch is real or fake...and what's that for? protect the ID? coins bags? I doubt about that...
    thanks matt
    Attachment 379158Attachment 379159Attachment 379160

?

No problem Emmett- I'm glad I can help. Actually the little leather pouches are coin purses, or just for otherwise holding little things that a soldier would want to keep with him. Your attachments didn't work for some reason- it's happened a few times on the forum of late so something is up with the mecahnics someplace; if you could post the images again, I'll give you my opinion regarding authenticity.

?

sure thing matt, here are the pics
    leather.JPG
    leather 1.JPG

?

Looks real enough to me- even has the shape of a disc in it. It's not terribly difficult to 'age' leather, but I don't see anything suspicious about this pouch. It's a better one too since it has a snap- many have no closure at all.

?

great to hear that matt, the snap works fine but there are no marks. do you recon this pouch is purchased by the soldier himself? german army generally dont issue pouches with disks together right? thanks

?

Oh there's a disc-shaped darker spot in the second image (leather 1)- that's what I was referring to. Yup, these are private-purchase items so far as I know.

?

thanks matt. I really learn a lot in here. and do you know how many kinds of disk textures are there in german armies? I only see disks made of zinc and alumi, are there any value diferences? (sorry for asking so many question marks)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast