Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HG Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hello everyone. I finally made an account because I finally want to buy an EM. The thing is, tags were not really my thing before, so I'm not to sure about the authenticity. The tag looks ok

Default HG Erkennungsmarke

Hello everyone. I finally made an account because I finally want to buy an EM. The thing is, tags were not really my thing before, so I'm not to sure about the authenticity.

HG Erkennungsmarke

The tag looks ok to me, but isn't that number 4 one of the famous Roma fake font?

HG Erkennungsmarke

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HG Erkennungsmarke   HG Erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HG Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome,

We have some members here who have a lot of experiences with these (not me ). Give it some time and I'm sure someone will comment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is mine also from 5th Kompanie, yours looks very similar. I know mine is good, I would say this one is also a good one.

HG Erkennungsmarke

Thanks BlackCat1982! I have asked another collector and he expressed doubts about the mark itself, not the font.

I found a half on the internet:

HG Erkennungsmarke

Sadly I can't get a higher quality picture, but the 4 looks to be exactly the same style. Legit then?

Also, when one number is in Rokas font, shouldn't be the rest of the letters also in that style?

?

Quote by Rikirkin View Post
    Thanks BlackCat1982! I have asked another collector and he expressed doubts about the mark itself, not the font.

HG Erkennungsmarke

Sadly I can't get a higher quality picture, but the 4 looks to be exactly the same style. Legit then?

Also, when one number is in Rokas font, shouldn't be the rest of the letters also in that style?
    I have seen emarken where the font looks very much like fonts used on fakes, but these were not fake. It just takes a very good eye and a close up evaluation of the emarke and you really have to look at the details. I have one myself wich had a suspect font, it took me a while and a lot of comparing to asure myself the emarke was good. So yeah, be carefull with erkennungsmarken, study the originals and when in doubt ask here.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Rikirkin View Post

HG Erkennungsmarke

As Rik says you do need to post here and also compare other goods examples to make an opinion. I am curious as to why someone else might question the EKM itself over the contents. If you were not already aware original erkennungsmarke were generally 7cm in width, although I have also posted exceptions to this rule before.

The fakers tend to mess up on the way the emarken are stamped. Some do use original blanks, which many of us have also found during searches. To reiterate on #1. I am happy that it is good.

?

The OP looks good to me, a better (clearer) image would help confirm this.
    Last edited by Eike41; 11-20-2019 at 04:38 PM.