Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How much would you pay?

Article about: by octavian 300!!! my gosh no way. maybe 40 euros and that is still too high. Not an elite unit by any means. Yep, i was thinking 40-50 euros too!....

Quote by octavian View Post
    300!!! my gosh no way. maybe 40 euros and that is still too high. Not an elite unit by any means.
    Yep, i was thinking 40-50 euros too!....

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It seems the seller is correct:

Bau-Bataillon 306

1. Aufstellung:

* 26.8.1939 im Wehrkreis I; vom 15.12.1941 bis 22.11.1942 als Bau-Bataillon (K) mit
    Kriegsgefangenen; Baupionier-Bataillon 306 seit 19.8.1943; 22.8. und 29.9.1943 wurden die 3. und 4.
    Kompanie in 3., 4. (Wolgatatarische) umgewandelt.

2. Unterstellung:

Heerestruppe: Osten, 1942 bei der 16. Armee/Heeresgruppe Nord; zuletzt Ob. West bei der 1. Armee,

3. Ersatz:

1 Thorn, Modlin, Wehrkreis I

But its value is a VERY subjective thing; to me, it isn't worth anything- I was only ever interested in combat formations, so a construction unit isn't anything I'd want. Most general collectors would probably be the same- either primarily interested in combat units or proper German ones at least. Eastern unit discs are rather more specialized an interest it seems- for those from the various countries/ regions, or the really hard-core disc collectors who hope to have every obscure type. 300EUR might be reasonable to one of the latter two, who has a ton of cash LOL

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I wouldn't be interested in paying that much...'rare' tag or not.

Anyone else wondering why the fonts, especially the B & T are different between the 'WT BAU' and the 'BTL'?
    Well the 'WT BAU' section appears to be one stamp and the variable bits, the Kompanie number and 'BTL 306', are individual letter/number stamps. There are three different Bau units listed as having Wolgatatarische Kompanien, so perhaps that's why- they were very obscure so maybe controlled somewhat centrally and someone had a stamp made that could be used for any unit with such Kompanien. I have seen something similar before but can't recall exactly where at the moment. The disc, overall, doesn't look at all suspicious to me. I can't see the logic in a faker making one stamp that is just "WT BAU" and marking the rest individually.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Is it normal for the text to not be mirrored?
    Sure- only a percentage of discs were mirrored; it seems to have been an individual unit preference rather than a universal standard.
    Last edited by Matt L; 10-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12