Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

I have 4 id's that need checked for authenticity

Article about: I got them dirt cheap from a friend who didn't want them or care to have them, so they're mine for the taking as long as their real. First one: 2917 2./SS R.B11.5 Second: 214 SS-Wachbtl. 4 T

Bunedasverr
    ?

Default I have 4 id's that need checked for authenticity

I got them dirt cheap from a friend who didn't want them or care to have them, so they're mine for the taking as long as their real.

I have 4 id's that need checked for authenticityI have 4 id's that need checked for authenticityI have 4 id's that need checked for authenticityI have 4 id's that need checked for authenticity

First one: 2917 2./SS R.B11.5
    Second: 214 SS-Wachbtl. 4
    Third: 2247 SS-PZ GRENERSBTL.4
    Fourth: 165 4./Rekr. Depot Waffen SS Debica

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: I have 4 id's that need checked for authenticity

Hi Bunedasverr,

Well the first disc, actually supposedly an SS-Pionier-Bataillon, I don't like at all- the Stammrollennummer is ridiculously high for a single Kompanie; even if they had the highest casualty rate in the entire Waffen-SS, I find it extremely difficult to believe that they went through nearly 3000 men. The unit was only created in late 1943, so technically only possibly the cadre and men who lost their original discs should ever have been issued these- so a reasonable number would be very low. I'd say this one's likely bad.

The second one looks okay- the unit title is all one big stamp and the number separate, different, stamps, the age looks reasonable, etc. but I haven't any photos of the type to compare it to so the most I can say is it's not obviously a fake.

The third one is tricky- I have a photo of a disc from this same unit and it's very different BUT the Stammrollennummer is over 10 000, so they could have changed the marking method at any time. There are two otherwise odd features of your disc that help though because they'd otherwise be seen as problems: firstly the unit is listed in the references as being 'SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz-Bataillon 11', not just 'SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 11'; this is a significant discrepancy and one that I'd otherwise attribute to the usual fakers not knowing proper unit structures- but the photo I have is also this same 'simpler' title, and I don't have any doubts that it's real. Clearly the references are not quite accurate. The second feature is that there is no Kompanie number, but this other disc doesn't have one either and it's extremely high Stammrollennummer means this was one of the very rare units that had a single central roll and not one for each Kompanie, as is the norm. Since these odd features can be supported, they would tend to suggest your disc may well be real.

Fortunately, we can end on a good note- the Rekruten-Depot Debica disc is definitely real; these are fairly common and well-known.

So I'd pass on the Pionier, and if they're cheap, the others are worth taking even if we can't be really sure about two of them; I'd usually take a chance on a cheap SS disc that I wasn't 100% on since it'd be a coups if it turned out later to be definitely real, and not a huge loss if it turned out to be bad or could never be sure of.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

hi . all fake.

Care to expand on your reasoning there piterb1, would be good to learn.

all 4 well know fakes from oppeln . wrong letters ,corrosions epesially numbers
    to compare my original debica
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have 4 id's that need checked for authenticity