Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

id disc

Article about: just wanted to share my disc its blank apart from the letter M and the word RAD any information would be appreciated kind regards james

Default id disc

just wanted to share my disc its blank apart from the letter M and the word RAD any information would be appreciated kind regards james id disc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement id disc
    P
    Many

Default Re: id disc

I don't know what you already know about this item but it is WW2 German, probably from the Reichsarbeitdienst (RAD), or German National Work Service. The 'M' I don't know, and it is only on one half of the disc which strikes me as odd. Maybe they made a mistake in the stamping of the guys name, threw it away and started over?

hi kradspam many thanks for posting ,im sorry my photo didnt turn out very well there is another m at the top right in line with the bottom m its hard to see ,i wonder if m is for male anyway thanks again james

?

Actaully it stands for 'Meldeamt' (registration office)- the regional RAD authority- essentially then 'unit' to which a person belonged. There's not really anything else to say about the disc though- it's unmarked so just stock to which the various numbers would have been added.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

thank you matt for this info kind regards james