Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID Discs

Article about: Hello all... I'm new to the forum and I am trying to share my collection of military. I live in a very small town in Ontario Canada, and there really is no one else to talk to about these ma

Default ID Discs

Hello all...
    I'm new to the forum and I am trying to share my collection of military. I live in a very small town in Ontario Canada, and there really is no one else to talk to about these matters. I have had to do my own research alone, and online. Thank you for putting up this site. It has been a wealth of knowledge.

I am not sure about the authenticity of these ID discs, but they are part of my collection. I hope some of them are authentic.
    The ID disc, and dog tags, just make the military collecting experience very personal.

I hope to post more when I can

regards
    SatansCabanaBoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID Discs   ID Discs  

ID Discs   ID Discs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Discs
    P
    Many

Default Re: ID Discs

Hi, and welcome to the forum

You look to have there a very nice collection of ID discs, that for the most part look good.

The TK one is not IMO.as the disc would not simply say "DIV"

But there are some nice RAD and Inf ones.

Thanks for sharing

I thought that one might be a knock off. There is not any soldier number, or blood type, but it was an early one that I purchased.
    I keep the fakes along with the good ones so i have a library of what to look for. There not good for much else.
    Thanks for the reassurance though.
    If you would not mind few questions though. Some are painted, I am assuming that was to subdue it for reflection? Was that standard practice? I see that "bags" were designed for them...was that standard issue, or custom to the soldier...or faked?

Thanks again for the help.

?

John is correct re the T Div tag , as far as the leather pouches go they were standard issue , some soldiers used them some didn't !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thanks Paul, that is very helpful.

was £30 or $60 us expensive for one of these id discs from the luftwaffe?

Never paid over 50 bones Canadian for any one of those discs. Which is sad when you think about it. A man's entire key to his military history bought up like that.