Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

ID Disk Help

Article about: Hi Gents, A friend of mine has recently acquired this SS tag and was hoping to get some info on it, good or bad. I tried a google search but came up with very little besides the concentratio

Default ID Disk Help

Hi Gents,

A friend of mine has recently acquired this SS tag and was hoping to get some info on it, good or bad. I tried a google search but came up with very little besides the concentration camp.

Thanks!

ID Disk HelpID Disk Help

Oh, and sorry for using an outside image host, the pics wouldn't upload with the forums program.

(no worries- I fixed it for you- Matt the mod)
    Last edited by Matt L; 06-20-2012 at 06:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Disk Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ID Disk Help

I've seen ones like this before but don't immediatly recall if there was any proof they're real. Unfortunately someone put black in the stamping, so we can't see if the surface crystallization extends into the letters as it should or not. I seem to recall a thread discussing maybe this type a little while back- did you try the search function here? Always a good idea as sometimes things have come up before...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks Matt, I'll poke around on here a little more and see what I come up with.

?

It was bugging me that I couldn't recall when it was brought up so I looked LOL- there are two: SS tags and Oranienburg? in one I showed the image I have of one that looks pretty good and weirdly in the other someone displays one just like your friend's save that it doesn't have Sigrunen, just 'SS' in Latin letters. That to me is a real red flag- I don't much like this type now and would suggest your friend might think about returning it...

lol well that saves me some digging! It's a shame that no one has yet come up with one of these that's proven 100% authentic to compare to. I'll let him know that it is, unfortunately, a fake. Thanks again Matt!

?

Sure thing- I just wish I'd been able to advise your friend before he bought this one...