Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

ID disk real or fake ?

Article about: Picked this up awhile ago just want to know if it's real or a fake one . Seems to have a lot of information on it compared to the others I have. Also what does it say can understand most of

?

Default ID disk real or fake ?

Picked this up awhile ago just want to know if it's real or a fake one . Seems to have a lot of information on it compared to the others I have. Also what does it say can understand most of it but can't figure out what some of the #'s represent.ID disk real or fake ?ID disk real or fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID disk real or fake ?
    P
    Many

I believe this is from the WW I.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph is correct. Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Is the J.R. 351 mean , Jäger regiment 351 ?

?

Not sure about WWI disks but "J.R." on WW II disks stands for "Infantry Regiment". The Germans seem to exchange the letter "I" for "J" in the abbreviation for Infantry regularly but not always. Your unit on this disks seems to be "Infantry Regiment 351 third company"

Looks good to me as well

Yes WWI

?

It's a late war ID disc, they were first issued either late 1916 or in 1917.

Looks like Wilhelm Millarg (DOB 12/10/1890) might have first served in 11 Ersatz Bn., RIR 102, 2nd Company before being transferred to 3rd Coy. Inf. Regt 351.

He was slightly wounded in Oct. 1917 and in Jan. 1919 listed as missing when with 1st Coy. Inf. Regt. 351, no doubt either a POW or somewhere on his way back home in the immediate postwar confusion.

Tony