Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ID help please

Article about: This tag is not mine yet, It came from a friend who is also a dealer who bought a lot of items from a dealer who was packing in selling. I dont know anything about the unit, but it says on t

Default ID help please

This tag is not mine yet, It came from a friend who is also a dealer who bought a lot of items from a dealer who was packing in selling. I dont know anything about the unit, but it says on the back of the tag in pencil that it came from Omaha area found in 1998. so any help most welcome......thanks.....paul.

ID help please

ID help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID help please
    P
    Many

?

Stamm Kompanie Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 4.

Nord.... did this unit serve in the area around Omaha beach area?

Unlikely as this was a replacement unit that mainly supplied replacements to the 1st Leichte Division and the 6th Panzer Division. As far as I know neither served on the Invasionfront in 1944.

Ok..... so the tag is 100% but the story that goes with it is bull ****, That seems to be life all over! Thanks I will go ahead and ad it to the collection.....thanks again....paul.

Yes, I think the ekm is a good one but its enhance history is shady. The condition does not look like a ground dug to me.

i would say that it has been buried at some stage as the aluminum has started to decompose around the top right hand hole and along the bottom right hand edge. Then I suspect it was cleaned within an inch of its life some time ago. Now it has tarnished and does not have that shiny look.
    Thank again...... paul

Yes the aluminium alloy itself has started to decay back to its original form, so we get the alu rust/decay. A good one all the same.