Become our sponsor and display your banner here

ID Tag ?

Article about: I have this ID tag, and I am not sure if it is real or fake. The pic is a bit bad but here are the info on the tag: nr 5393, ERS/ Ersatz (reserve) – KP/kompanie 2 (company 2), mine is Wehrma

Default ID Tag ?

I have this ID tag, and I am not sure if it is real or fake. The pic is a bit bad but here are the info on the tag:
    nr 5393, ERS/ Ersatz (reserve) – KP/kompanie 2 (company 2), mine is Wehrmacht ??
    I have looked up the Abbreviations on the tag from the link below which I found on Google. Is my ID correct ?

German military Abbreviations:
    http://www.wartimepress.com/WWII-Arc...reviations.pdf

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID Tag.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	396122  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ID Tag ?

Hi John,

That picture is so blurry I can't make out much of any detail, so it's impossible to authenticate or even confirm anything- you'll have to take a better, clear picture I'm afraid.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi Matt L
    I have posted some better and larger pics.
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID- Tag big.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	396512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID- Tag bigger.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	396513  

Attached Images Attached Images  

?

That's a little better John- although the large ones are just the little one made bigger so the resolution is pretty bad still. From what I can make out, it could be SAN. ERS. KP. 2, which would be Sanitäts-Ersatz-Kompanie 2, or medic replacement company 2, although that's not normal- Sani units were usually organized as Ersatz-Abteilungen. It's regular Heer, yes, and I have no doubt it's original.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi Matt L
    Thank you for your ID and help, I am sorry that my pic is a bit bad, but my camera is not abel to make it better so I had to scan it on my printer. It is good to know that it is real, and just not a good fake copy.
    Regards
    John