Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!

Article about: Hello Gents I just got this Dog Tag,but unfortunately I don`t know much about it. I was told it`s Infantry , that`s all I know . I will be happy if you tell me if its genuine and if so, is i

Ves
    ?

Default Infantry ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!

Hello Gents
    I just got this Dog Tag,but unfortunately I don`t know much about it. I was told it`s Infantry , that`s all I know . I will be happy if you tell me if its genuine and if so, is it common to be painted? I have seen only plain aluminum ones . Also what all the markings mean? I will be appreciate any comments and opinions.

Cheers!
    Ves
    Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!
    P
    Many

Looks to be original made in zinc rather than aluminium. Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon (mot.) 15 formed in August 1939 in Kassel. It came under the command of the 159th Division, however it supplied replacements for the 29th Infanterie Division.

I should add that it belonged to someone of the 3rd Kompanie, his blutgruppe being O and his personal rollnummer being 1644.

Ves
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Looks to be original made in zinc rather than aluminium. Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon (mot.) 15 formed in August 1939 in Kassel. It came under the command of the 159th Division, however it supplied replacements for the 29th Infanterie Division.

I should add that it belonged to someone of the 3rd Kompanie, his blutgruppe being O and his personal rollnummer being 1644.
    Hello BlackCat1982
    Thank you so much for the complete info. I really appreciate it.

Regards!
    Ves

Always glad to help Ves, we like to see all ekm on this forum! (Apart from those that are made to deceive collectors).

?

I agree with BlackCat1982.

This is good one!

Here is a sample of the same unit. (same font, The shape of the 'dot' is also square.)
    Attached Images Attached Images Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!  Infantry  ID Disc / Dog Tag - Info and opinion needed!