Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just bought this disc

Article about: by Redgemak Where do you think all of those disk come from? a supermarket? It's like buying a military rifle which hasn't killed anyone, a real clean one. Jean Huh? Are you trying to suggest

Default Just bought this disc

I rarely buy discs off of ebay, but I figured why not. Does this look legit to you fellas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just bought this disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just bought this disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Just bought this disc

Yes, it's genuine, I would say more: it's found with the remains of soldier- typical oxidation as usually found with bodies
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Yes, it's genuine, I would say more: it's found with the remains of soldier- typical oxidation as usually found with bodies
    WHAT?! Now I'm confused! How can you say that? Are you a forensic scientist? No disrespect, but please justify your claim...

Alot are dug up not allways in a good way maybe this is what is meant. EBAY is kinda known for that .

This brings this post to an entire new level! I figured it was real, but wanted the verdict from the pros. Now this claim has been introduced. I don't deal with "Black Diggers" on purpose. I really need to be shown proof to the claim of it coming from a fallen soldier. If true, I will try to do the right thing!

I would also be interested in learning how a corroded disc can be identified as being corroded from being in contact with remains as compared to corrosion from 65 years in damp soil.

Glenn

Well, nobody can give You 100% guarantee but as Dimas already said - look at the oxidation. For me this disc also looks like found with human remains. It does not mean it is from the wargrave, many bodies were also just left to the battlefield. So it is also possible to find disks like this without any remains.
    Last edited by Frundsberg; 02-15-2011 at 02:47 PM.

That is my question, what is it about the oxidation that gives a clue to it being found with remains? How can 'regular' oxidation be differentiated from 'remains' oxidation?

?

Firstly I spent some time with German Volksbund and I had recover a lot of bodies. the agressive acids makes the aluminum and zink oxidated and ususally the aluminum and zinc is resistant to the acids which exists in the ground ( aluminum can oxidated in the alcaline ground, but not such intencive as shown on the picture above. The brown and usually mixed in color soils on the aluminum is sign of oxidation and reaction with organic elements. Normally battlefield found messkits and other fieldgear is perfect in condition, due no reaction with such a acids. I think the peoples who has a experience in the battle field works will say the same. Please look at this thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-gumrak-15519/ there all the items found without bodies

I did inspect most of ebay.de Erkennungsmarken. Most non SS is originals and undug, belonged to the alive veterans. You can discuss them here if you want to buy a good one.
    Buying the rotten tags from the black diggers propagate that job as a businness.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas, thats good information! So it seems that in general, oxidised discs be they aluminium or zinc are likely to have been from human remains finds, thats very interesting and something to watch out for in future purchases. Good to know

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast