Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

kriegsmarine dogtag, is it genue?

Article about: Hi, What is your opinion about the following Kriegsmarine dogtag? Is it good or not? More pics: https://postimg.org/gallery/34pm7mxd8/ Thank you very much.

?

Default kriegsmarine dogtag, is it genue?

Hi,

What is your opinion about the following Kriegsmarine dogtag?
    Is it good or not?

kriegsmarine dogtag, is it genue?

More pics:
    https://postimg.org/gallery/34pm7mxd8/

Thank you very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kriegsmarine dogtag, is it genue?
    P
    Many

Kriegsmarine Ekm should be 5cm across. This one appears stamped as per 1932 regulations as Ostsee, roll nummer, year 1934 and S for a sailor. The name is unusual and the stamping looks very fresh, provenance would help. For me it looks just too fresh to be real. Others may feel differently.

?

Hi BlackCat

Thanks for your answer. This one from Hungary, so the origin is doubtful.

MAP
    ?

I don't know anything about these at all. But that's not an issue because all you need to see is that the stamping appears to be done on top of the "zinc pest".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Indeed MAP, the black text is fine for an original piece, but it is too fresh. A pity, as such an early one would be nice in my own collection.

?

The EKM is made from copper or copper alloy. AFAIK this is for the prevention of corroding in the salty environment. I aggree the painting is new, but the EKM is genuine?

Quote by NH3CL View Post
    The EKM is made from copper or copper alloy. AFAIK this is for the prevention of corroding in the salty environment. I aggree the painting is new, but the EKM is genuine?
    Honestly difficult to say for sure if the tag is real, the fresh text may be because it is fresh stamping on an original blank. These were also made of gilt washed zinc as well, this one almost looks as though there is a line of grey along part of the snap line - could be zinc? Would want to see more details photos of it but if it really dates from 1934 I would expect it to be much more worn that it is. For me it just doesn't look old enough to be the real deal.

Thanks for the extra pictures. Although the lettering looks as though it is over the corrosion I think this one might have a chance. As the black has crazed with age I don't think it is an overstamp of a blank. For the right price I would be tempted.