Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)

Article about: Hi guys, As stated in another thread i made i was not aware of the size differance in the German ID discs.Here i show both over the top of each other to show differance direct.Its unlikely t

Thumbs up Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)

Hi guys,
    As stated in another thread i made i was not aware of the size differance in the German ID discs.Here i show both over the top of each other to show differance direct.Its unlikely that i am the only other person who was not aware of this!
    If it was somthing they changed during the war time i am unaware of it and would gladly stand corrected

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)   Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)

Nope, Kriegsmarine discs were always small, and the 'everybody else' type was the same size half-way through WWI; interestingly, early in WWI, before Erkennungsmarken became standardized, there were types that were small like the WWII KM. The KM discs are also always aluminum- small size, very light weight means no danger if one goes in the water...

Default Re: Kriegsmarine ID disc.Size differance:)

Thanks for the info Matt L.
    I may be the only collector who never new about the size differance.Interesting that they were always done the same size

Tom