Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine tag

Article about: Does anyone know what the letter E means after the 41 on this tag? Thanks, Andy.

Default Kriegsmarine tag

Does anyone know what the letter E means after the 41 on this tag? Thanks, Andy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine  tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine  tag
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine tag

It denotes the soldier's 'occupation'- E is 'supplementary training in Marineartillerie'
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Hello,

I just add that E comes from service called Ergänzungs-Marine-Artillerist and translation is like Matt L wrote above.

Thanks chaps, really appreciate your help, regards, Andy.

?

Whoops- yeah, I should have put in the German too... usually do; must have not had enough coffee yet when I wrote it LOL

Höidal has it written though as 'Ergänzungsausbildung Marineartillerie', which is really six of one, half dozen of the other compared to what Stacez wrote- I don't know whether one is a formal documented term or if both were used.

Hey Matt, thanks again. Wish I could find both of Jean H's books here in the UK, Finding former POW camps and digging up this stuff is turning into an obsession lol

?

Is the second edition out of print? I have the first, and ordered mine directly from the publisher since it is probably a bit too specific and doubtless not done in huge print runs to find at a book dealer's place. Really they're only of limited use anyway- a few useful pictures for beginners, and the various lists are good, but I don't know if I'd say they're truly worth the cost; not when you can always ask questions in places like this and get the answers easily enough